Visas And Permits Information
Posted: 25 May 2009 02:14 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

All

With regard to a large number of posts about Visas Issues

SpainExpat cannot personally advise you if you over stayed visa or so on as SpainExpat.com is now getting Popular with Expats around the world its best that we post this information about Visas

Official Visa Information can be found here in the Forum

Spain Visa Information

Student Visa Information

Visas Rules have changed Since “La Crisis” and there is harsh Penaltys if you over stayed..

Example UK Government Detain people that Broke there Visa Rules In A special Illegal Immigrant Jail and your Passport Stamped etc with fines And send you back home. other EU countries do the same.

So Spain is going in line (Having a Legal Shake up of Things) EU.

Please Call Your Embassy (Of Your Country) if you think your going to be in Trouble they will help you in any way possible.

Regards

Mac

Posted: 27 May 2009 04:16 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Thanks for this Mac. Indeed it’s true that things are going to be much tougher for those unable to comply with the strictest immigration regulations for at least the next couple of years.

I was just passing through to and from Spain via Amsterdam and indeed, they are now stamping in and out, on the same page, and closely inspecting the dates. While this is only Amsterdam, I would highly advise great caution when considering a visa overstay.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 May 2009 09:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Pushing This Post Up So People Can Read….

Just to Let You Know on Telecinco Noticias (News) Last Week American (Sorry American Friends 😊 ) was caught at Madrid Airport his visa Expired by 7 weeks… He was detained Questioned found to have money On His Person (On Him) he could not explain were the cash was from Until he later confessed he worked illegally.. Fine ?4500 and Passport Stamped Details With D-Pole and EU National Database

Moral of this Story OUUUUUUCH….. It will get better guys just Have to respect the rules etc…. I feel you non EU Citizens…

Hopefully 2010 It will turn around and go back to normal…

Mac

Posted: 28 June 2011 09:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-23

My 19 year old daughter is planning to stay in Barcelona with a family. She would like to stay longer than 3 months. She is a USA citizen. She is going with a passport as a tourist. It appears the only way to stay a little longer is to get an extension from local police. Should she get a tourist visa so they can extend her stay, or is it possible that she can extend her stay with only a passport? We don’t want to break the law, and are trying to work this out before she travels end of August. Also, I’m not sure if she needs a return ticket home or can she just get a one way to Spain since we are not sure about the return date?
Thank you!

Posted: 29 June 2011 01:59 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

John, I wouldn’t recommend you send your 19y/o daughter to a foreign country where she’ll be staying past her legal allowed stay. There’s no way to extend her stay while she is there for a short time, and you should definitely get a return ticket.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 June 2011 03:10 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-23

Thank you. So when we book the return flight should we just count out 90 days exactly for departure? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I don’t really understand what happens if it’s a few days after? Do you get in trouble? I don’t want to risk it for sure but she does want to stay the full legal limit of time allowed.

Posted: 29 June 2011 03:12 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-23

Also, I don’t understand if she is a USA citizen she does not need a visa, but would there be any advantage in her getting a tourist visa?

Posted: 20 July 2011 01:27 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-20

Re: Renewing permiso de residencia. Following the recent tightening up of the rules if you or your non EU spouse needs to renew, you will need a copy of your marriage certificate issued with the last three (3) months. If you are a UK citizen you can obtain a copy from http://www.direct.gov.uk. For others, contact your or your spouses embassy/consulate for details.
We have been living here for 12 years and when renewal time arrived I (UK) got permanent residence status with no problems (and without asking for it) but we have been having problems with the status of my Japanese wife. We have been married for 36 years but have to prove (?) we are not divorced. Proving a negative is logically an impossibility of course, but that is the way things are going.