Child Benefit in spain
Posted: 07 February 2007 06:39 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-02-03

I have 3 children youngest is nearly 4, oldest is 12years old.  Can anyone tell me if you get Child Benefit in Spain like you do in UK or France?

Posted: 08 February 2007 01:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2006-12-15

As far as I know there is no child benefit as such. Depending on your living circumstances you might qualify for ‘ayuda’ - help, for different things such as books for school, etc. I have a 2 year old and as I work I qualify for 100 euros a month to help towards child care but this is only until she goes into pre-school at 3 years old. You have to go to the tax office and ask them as no one will tell you without being prompted. Hope this helps.

Posted: 09 February 2007 01:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I agree with Sallock as far as I know there are NONE. Spain does not hand out benefits like the UK to one and all. If a worker who has worked in the system and paid taxes is made redundant there are limited state benefits. Tax allowances are given for workers who have children. Basically its a case of work and make a living and of course in Spain the family helps.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 18 March 2007 01:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-03-04

Hi

Can you please be so kind as to advise me what I need to ask for , when I go to the social security office.

Can I also ask whether your children need to be born in Spain to qualify for benefit.

I am new to this site and hope I have done this right.

Thanks
:coolhmm:

Posted: 19 March 2007 02:03 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-02-03

Does the child benefit still count if you are self employed

Posted: 09 March 2008 11:34 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-03-09

Yes, child benefit exists but it?s only 25? per child per month, it?s paid into your bank account twice a year but you can only benefit for it if you jointly earn less than 10,000? a year.  Now, the government are paying 2,500? to babies when they are born and 100? a month until they are three years old.    Nothing really compared to the UK.  :blank:

‹‹ Homecare in Spain      disability benefits ››