How to stay in Europe for more than 3 months?
Posted: 24 February 2009 03:09 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-02-24

I?m an American, already in Spain and only now realized that the 3 month allowance is for every 6 months. I thought I would have been able to leave the EU for a week and return to Spain again to renew my tourist visa. With that said, I have a new idea. What if I were to spend 3 months in Spain, 3 months in the UK and then return to Spain again for 3 more months. Would this situation work; is it allowable? Or do I need to return back to US before going to the UK or returning to Spain? Also, instead of doing a block of 3 months each place, I thought I might break it up so that it?s a month in spain, a month in the UK…back and forth. Wiill there be any repercussions if I travel back and forth within the 6 month period? I?m assuming it only matters so long as I don?t exceed the 90 days in Spain.  And lastly, does this even make sense? 😊  Honestly, what I want the most is to stay in Spain, preferibly legal, the whole time. Any suggestions?
thanks!

Posted: 24 February 2009 05:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

why not get a visa , lot more easy 90 days is for EU like say why not been in nyc and going to fl and then comeing back again to nyc

Posted: 24 February 2009 05:57 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-02-24

I thought it would have been different since the UK is not part of the Schengen Agreement. Does it not matter?

Posted: 24 February 2009 06:19 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Advance Passenger Information .. Airlines are required in certain countries to provide passenger data to certain government authorities. Accordingly any information we hold about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to the government authorities of any country in your itinerary.

If you do not provide us with the required passenger information in you will not be accepted for travel at Check-In and no refund will be provided on the seats held for you.