Documents for Container to clear customs
Posted: 19 March 2009 08:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-01-23

We have a container shipping from USA to Barcelona. We were told that we need to get a document from “Certificate from the Consulate at origin certifying the time the shipper has been living in that country” .  Accoding to the mover, the consultate is the one of my citizenship… but I am from the USA, there aren’t consultates in the USA for USA citizens…

Anyone from the USA have to do this and what did you do? I wasn’t sure how exactly what the company needs and they aren’t explaining it well. Agh… Thanks for your help!

Posted: 20 March 2009 09:33 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-11-11
CALtoBCN - 19 March 2009 08:22 PM

We have a container shipping from USA to Barcelona. We were told that we need to get a document from “Certificate from the Consulate at origin certifying the time the shipper has been living in that country” .  Accoding to the mover, the consultate is the one of my citizenship… but I am from the USA, there aren’t consultates in the USA for USA citizens…

Anyone from the USA have to do this and what did you do? I wasn’t sure how exactly what the company needs and they aren’t explaining it well. Agh… Thanks for your help!

I just moved from USA to Barcelona but since I am not a US citizen I was able to (with a lot of pain) get this documentation.  This is an important document and it is required for your custom’s clearance.

Are you dealing with a company in Spain directly? Because what I found was that the company in US had very little information, their Spanish contact knew exactly what to do and how to do it.

Sorry, I do not know what happens if you move from your own country.

My two cents.

Posted: 21 March 2009 12:42 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-01-24

We just moved from the US to Barcelona last September.  The procedure you are describing assumes that you are moving to Spain. If that is the case, you go to the US Consulate in Barcelona once you arrive (assuming you arrive ahead of your container) and they issue you the document.  It is basically a sworn statement notarized by the Consular officials.