Moving to Spain as of April Looking for Work
Posted: 13 January 2008 05:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-01-13

Hi there my partner and I are moving to Fuengirola come April this year, I am 35 and a fully qualified PA/Office Manager with 17 years experience, also I have got part 1 of my CIPD & CPP certificate, have got 6 years experience in hotel work.

My Partner is a self employed labourer and will also be looking for work whilst we are over there ideally we would like to have jobs to go to when we move and are prepared to fly over for interviews.

I would be very grateful if anyone is offering any work and can have copies of our cv.

Or if anyone has any good suggestions on where to start the job search.

Neither of us speak much Spanish.

Many thanks

Caz n Ian

Posted: 30 March 2009 11:04 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-03-28

Hello caz n ian… I cnt offer any jobs but i can maybe help with any spanish u need(i have a Grade B+ at advanced level) good luck, Risa

Posted: 01 April 2009 02:00 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

Hi guys - I hate to be a prophet of doom but the economy in Spain is in a real mess so finding a job will be very difficult if not impossible, especially as you don’t speak Spanish. Would definitely suggest you both get work lined up before committing to a move. Look for opportunities in Gibraltar; would have thought your office manager/PA skills would be a good fit for that market and you do not have to speak Spanish.  However, commuting from Fuengirola would be too far so you’d need to consider locating yourself nearer Manilva/Sotogrande, etc.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles