The day dawns near
Posted: 17 April 2009 02:22 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-04-07

Hello All,

We are moving to Spain (hopefully) first week of May! I say hopefully because it depends on the completion of the sale of our home and we all know how these things go.

We are very excited, busy and anxious right now. I am so concerned that we have covered/will cover everything we need to in the given time.

I am a bit cross with myself because I wanted to savour every moment of the build up and feel I am not enjoying things like I should be and had hoped. I know worrying doesn’t alter anything, I should learn to switch off a bit, but I am one that worries if I haven’t got something to worry about! Daft huh?

If anybody has last minute tips/advice I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you.

:roll:

Posted: 17 April 2009 02:33 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

The Only bit of advise we or I can give you is.

If you have planned everything financially and you are sure that you and your family have checked everything on your list.
then its fine you have last minute nerves and that?s normal but remember “if you plan, you plan to fail” this quote is always true!

No move can ever be perfect unless you are a millionaire and you have people doing it for you!

I am sure its last minute nerves and it will pass once your here sitting on a beach Worshipping the sun 😊

Once you here you will have to do all the Spanish Paper work.

Good luck I am sure you have last min nerves it will pass

Regards

Mac

Posted: 17 April 2009 03:22 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-07

Hi Mac,

Thank you for your swift reply, very reassuring.

Whilst I/we have a few nerves (and seven million lists!) we have no doubts. We are going to give this move our best shot and plan to try to integrate properly. I am of the ‘when in Rome’ believers.

I’m also not spending all day frittering time away whilst hubby is at work. I AM doing other things, just on a coffee break at the moment, visualising when I will be on a cool, soft drink (in the day) break whilst looking out at a lovely blue sky whilst trying to tackle the necessary paperwork etc once there.

My Husband leaves his job today, so that we can get everything done in time - I think that I will find it easier and more exciting then.

Ah well - back to the grind for a while.

Carol.

😊

Posted: 17 April 2009 03:33 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Are the nerves and jitters are the CAFINE!!! 😊

Everything will be ok!

I wish you well in your new venture Bienviedo Espa?a!

Mucho Suerte!!

Mac

Posted: 18 April 2009 10:43 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-18

Moving to Spain is somthing myself and my wife have thought about many times. we have looked into many avenues but it all boils down to the kids at the minute. they are both still pretty young and want to stay near their friends and schools, which is why we have put it on hold till they are a little older. I do travel around Europe quite a lot with work and always think to myself “why am i still in the UK?” But i know our time will come one day when the kids leave school

Signature 

Ian
Eurovan Express
24/7 Dedicated transport throughout the UK/Europe
+44(0)7841030335
+44(0)7523327018
Fax +44(0)1092410095
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
http://www.eurovanexpress.com

Posted: 20 April 2009 08:46 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-06

Firstly a massive good luck to you & your family on your move and i hope all goes well!
Of course your going to be very nervous, relocating isnt easy but you certainly have the bulls to do in the 1st place so whatever obstacles may come your way (if any) then im sure get it sorted.

Now im just going to be nosey cos im buying in Costa B;anca this year and may move there out there in a year or so!
Do you have jobs set-up in Spain? And what area are you moving to?

Gd luck!

Signature 

Sara