NEED BLACKERRY FOR USE IN UK AND SPAIN
Posted: 23 April 2009 08:10 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-10-19

hello

im am planning a move from UK - Barcelona, i will be running a business in the UK, but will be living in spain, based in barcelona for approx 20 days a month, and the rest in the UK, i was wondering if anyone else on the forum has had a similar problem deciding on the best phone packages ?

im not sure what the cheapest and best plan would be for my blackberry, i will be calling and receiving calls to/from mostly UK numbers, id say 90%, BUT, i want to keep just the 1 number

i called Vodaphone UK and the best they could think of would be to change to a spanish vodaphone contract, with a package aimed at calling and receiving calls from UK, that would be cheaper, but im still not sure that would be the cheapest way, and when im in the UK, and i make calls, that cant be cheap

i am in barcelona in a few weeks time, i guess it would be worth going into one of the vodaphone shops, or, does anyone have a tel no for vodaphone spain ?, i couldnt see anything on there website

Posted: 27 April 2009 01:52 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

Sadly vodafone ES and vodafone UK are totally unrelated, and no contract will cover both - you will need 2 sims and numbers for your clients, or get used to paying swingeing roaming costs unfortunately.  Or you may be able to sort something clever forwarding from a voip service,

Maya

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:10 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

I have to Disagree with you maya…

Vodafone ES and Vodafone UK are the Same Company… and they are joined to the hip because Vodafone Is A “British Company”
Vodafone Group Based in the Uk control the Group worldwide…

I agree to point that Vodafone ES does not like to listen to Vodafone UK but this is typical…

My advice is to contact Vodafone HQ UK Direct (which is the best Option) explain and they will put you in touch with Sales who will be able to help.

As I have a Blackberry Storm which is on Vodaphone UK & Spain Contract Via there Passport Program

Mac

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

I have a Blackberry on Orange in the UK on a data only business tariff (?11/month).  I get unlimited data in the UK and it is only a few pounds per MB in Spain - on my last two week trip, receiving 150 or so emails a day, the total bill was about ?18.  I think, generally, telecoms service are cheaper in the UK.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

‹‹ VOIP CALLS      Broadband in Barcelona ››