Spanish language schools for lesser cost
Posted: 18 January 2007 12:08 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-17

Greetings,

I am living in the USA right now. Currently, I am working hard to try to apply for a student visa to study Spainish in Spain.  Since I have already graduated from college, I would not be needing to enroll in an University when I study in Spain.  I am basically just looking for language schools in Madrid with registeration to the Spanish Ministry of Education to apply for a student visa. I have done some basic search on language schools in and near Madrid and they are all very expensive.  I am looking to study Spanish for 6 months (20 hours a week) so that fit into the requirement of a student visa.  The schools I’ve found online are all over 2000/3000 euros for intensive Spanish course for 6 months, which is very expensive for me.  So, I am wondering if you happen to know of any language school in Madrid that are less expensive, possibly around 1000euros for 6 months?  I pressume that intensive Spanish classes are much for expensive. I don’t think I need intensive Spanish course, so, prefer to enroll in a regular pace Spanish course if possible.

I am going to be moving to Spain (if my student visa is approved) in a limited budget, so, I try to look for things that are less expensive.

Your information and help are very much appreciated. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Marvas
Los Angeles, California

Posted: 18 January 2007 04:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Marvas

I think 2-3k for a 6 month long course in anything is going to be about the right price. I highly doubt you’ll find anything cheaper. Most Spanish courses I’ve seen for 20 hours/week run at about 600-800 euros/month, so the prices you mention for 6 months seems about right.

Sorry to bear such news…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 18 January 2007 08:44 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-01-17

Thank you very much for your information and your prompt reply.  I guess that expensive amount to study in Spain is unavoidable.  Another question is, would you happen to know where I can find a listing of language schools (with registration to the Spainish Ministry of Education)? or any recommendations? I’ve done some online search and it’s quite limited…
I apologize that I have posted many questions. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Marvas

Posted: 06 March 2007 07:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-06

C.E.E Idiomas is the cheapest that i have found so far..
www.cee-Idiomas.com

Posted: 06 March 2007 10:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-01-17

Zeynap,

Thanks very much for your reference to CEE Idiomas.  Do you know if the CEE Idiomas is associated with The Official Schools of Languages (Escuela Oficial de Idiomas)?  I asked about The Official Schools of Languages and it has major restrictions in registering as a foriegn student..So, I am just wondering if CEE Idiomas is easier to register as a foreign student.  I couldn’t open the English translation page for the website of CEE…so, I wasn’t able to get much information.  But I think I will call them and ask.

If you have more information about them, please let me know. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks again,

Marvas

Posted: 07 March 2007 10:46 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-07

Hi Marvas,

I am currently in Bali, Indonesia and will be planning to apply to study Spanish in a Spanish school in Barcelona and then find a job. The cheapest I found is the abc school, which is around $2300 for 3 months - abt 25 hours per week. http://www.ambricol.es. A good website is http://www.goabroad.com

You mentioned that you have to study for 6 months to qualify for a student visa? Is this true? Can you give me more info?

Anyone out there who has ever done what I plan to do? Any tips, experiances?

Posted: 08 March 2007 02:27 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-01-17

t*ana,

Thanks for your school reference. I will look into abc school.  I am planning to go to Madrid to study. Regarding your question about the 6 months requirement for a student visa, I must say that 6 months is the length of time that I plan to study in Spain, not the requirement for the student visa.  There should be a Spain Embassy in your country, check with them for more information because I think every country might have a different requirements…

I hope that helps. thanks,

marvas

Posted: 09 March 2007 04:58 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-06

Sorry I do not know much about sutendt visa..  I have been here for 2 weeks and people definatly do not speak English…
I am taking 2 hours per day just to handel daily life…but I guess 2 hours would not be engouh for you to apply student visa…

Posted: 24 April 2007 05:35 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-12-12

Hi, You, me and so many other people have spend a fortune in language schools, incourses of one week to 3 months, me I did that untill I could speak to Attorney de LA CUETARA, he got me into the “Escuela Oficial de Idiomas” where I have paid 60 Euros only for a curse I have paid 700 before, got me a student Visa and recognition of my degree, I can even work here and give classes without any problem and completly legal. He is not cheap but what you pay you get it back twice. What I am saying is that end of the road is cheaper to go withsomeone who knows what he is doing; a facilitator.

Posted: 26 June 2007 07:42 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2006-12-15

Hi

My girlfriend is going to attend a yearly spanish course at the Barcelona University while I work to bootstrap some startups. Total cost about 4700 USD a year. It’s 21 hours a week and you are issued ETCS credits for the studies (useful if you want to pursue a degree later on).

http://www.eh.ub.es/

Christian

Posted: 24 April 2008 02:57 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-04-24

HI,

I’ve been in an excellent school in Madrid for 4 weeks with NACEL. I really appreciate this linguistic stay!! I stayed in a host family’house and I took 20hours of classes per week so that I had enough time to make activities and to visit this amazing town! The school, the staff and the atmosphere were excellent and if someone is looking for learning or improving his Italian while having fun I really recommend that school (I, sorry I don?t remember its name). I just checked on Nacel website and I found the link, I hope it can be useful for some of you!!

http://www.nacel.org/cdlp/Jobs/Spain/Spanish-JSP2H.php

!Hasta luego amigos!

Posted: 30 April 2008 01:25 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-04-24

Hello,

It s me again.

I wrote “Italian” I meant Spanish of course but I think they have also programs in Italy.
By the way the link for Spain is the following, bye!

http://www.nacel.org/cd/Language-Schools/Spain.php