costa de la luz - recommendations?
Posted: 28 April 2009 06:18 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-27

Though I live only 4 hours drive away, I’ve never been, though I hear it’s beautiful.

Would anyone like to recommend places to visit, campsites, thing to do…..

We are a couple in our 30s with a 2 1/2 yo and a 7 week baby - so we won’t be going windsurfing or clubbing, but we’re not just going on holiday for the kids either. We’ll probably go camping with our dog, we’re not afraid of roughing it if the place is worthwhile.

So…*somewhere pretty, somewhere to camp, somewhere to make sandcastles and eat a picnic (without sitting in hurricane force winds), somewhere to eat decent food at night* (needn’t be posh - we’re not - but just not bog standard grease-fest would be nice).

*Also has anyone been whale watching?* Was it worth the ticket - did you get to see anything? How was the water - don’t fancy my 2yo has her sea legs just yet.

TIA, Claire

Posted: 29 April 2009 05:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

The long sandy beach between Zahara de los Atunes and Barbate is absolutely fantastic for a day-trip - beautiful clean sand and it shelves very gently which is perfect for a young child (I managed to walk out about 100 feet without being out of my depth).  They is not much nearby so take a picnic.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 07 May 2009 06:15 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-05-07

I’ve been at Costa de la Luz a few years ago and there are so many beautiful and quiet beaches. You just have to leave the tourist trails and explore the untouched nature. I hope you have a nice time in Spain.