Vodafone Contract Cancellation Charges
Posted: 19 May 2009 12:19 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-27

Can anyone help. I took out a vodafone internet contract at about 45 euros a month, however when i got home i found that the connection speed was extremely slow. I returned to the shop the following day and said that i did not want the product. The lady told me to send a fax to Vodafone and they would cancel the contract but would charge a cancellation fee of ?150.
I expressed mu dissatisfaction about this and called the Vodafone helpline on 123, after three calls i spoke to a lady who after i told her that in normal contracts you should have a 15 day cooling off period told me to fax through the request to cancel. I thought everything was ok until i just received a bank statement which shows that they have taken ?150 out of my account. I only ever used the vodafone connection once and made them aware that I wanted to cancel within 24 hours.
Can anyone tell me where I stand legally on this one. I know in the UK you are entitled to a 15 day cooling off period.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may have experienced something similar.
Regards,

Steve

Posted: 19 May 2009 01:09 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

same rule are here as across the EU telecoms rules ..... any problem there you going to Spain’s national telecoms regulator, the CMT , http://www.cmt.es
many have to do it in spanish and english aswell

Posted: 31 May 2009 03:50 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

Normally it’s 15 days if you return in good conditions the phone/router/etc, and after the 15 days with the new laws you can cancel without any charge in case of malfunction (like your case no coverage) or the operator performs a price change.

Regards