SHIPPING TAX,USA/OUTSIDE EU into SPAIN
Posted: 13 June 2009 04:28 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03

All,
    I have many items I wish to ship from outside the EU into Spain - where I live. I have already paid State tax on all items, of course, and all items are well over 1-2 year old.

Items such as PS3, DVD’s, HD TV etc etc.
I’m not interested in replies stating the 110v/220v/50hz/60hz difference, I got this and understand.
-
I called Fed-Ex USA to find out if there is a form I should fill out prior to shipping, as I know that before they get to my home destination Fed-Ex will hold all items in somewhere like Madrid prior to me paying “TAX”..
Fed-Ex says there is no form and they don’t get involved in TAX questions..

Has anyone out there shipped from outside the EU into Spain, even using Fed-Ex, and had a good or bad outcome ?

Your previous experiences would help me a great deal in the long run.
Thanks in Advance;

DSB.

Posted: 13 June 2009 05:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

your tv work on NTSC USA system there and here we used Pal , Pal been the better system here more on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

will explan USs and EU tv system here ... you PS3 and DVD will be see to the Usa system asweill and lock to that market .... dvd are as cheap as 40 euros here

have pay inport tax to EU and Spain .....  i never had to ship any think like that so wont know but did ship my dj decks and cds back from Usa few years ago and hand no problem as say i had bought them in Uk . think was lucky ... best off luck there mate

jurdy

Posted: 13 June 2009 05:32 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03
jurdyr - 13 June 2009 05:15 PM

your tv work on NTSC USA system there and here we used Pal , Pal been the better system here more on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

will explan USs and EU tv system here ... you PS3 and DVD will be see to the Usa system asweill and lock to that market .... dvd are as cheap as 40 euros here

have pay inport tax to EU and Spain .....  i never had to ship any think like that so wont know but did ship my dj decks and cds back from Usa few years ago and hand no problem as say i had bought them in Uk . think was lucky ... best off luck there mate

jurdy

I think you were lucky re:TAX. I shipped my UK laptop for repairs with Sony once, and DHL UK held it and wanted 60pounds for tax. I explained it was UK and that the receipt scan was even in the box..IDIOTS. They dropped the charge.

I understand about the PAL/NTSC - no probs..

Me thinks all my other items are going to be taxed. It is just not fair :(

DSB.