Latest bbc IPlayer Radio Links
Posted: 28 June 2009 02:50 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03

If you’re like me, you would rather use RealPlayer or Windows Media Player for your *.RAM Radio Files.
Recently my old *.RAM files stopped working, and BBC have brought out a new set.
These streams seem to only run at 44Kbps, they used to be 64 - Better for the slower users one might say.

These files independent of the IPlayer generally take up less processor time and can be sat on your desktop for a quick double click.
To download the ones you prefer hover over your chosen media player under the title of your station and simply “right click save as”.

Once done, and the small file is associated with the player you prefer, you’re good to go.
Ensure to play about with the “preference setting” on your player.
IE: Buffer time / Internet speed settings..

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/finding_programmes/real_wma_streams

DSB.

Posted: 28 June 2009 05:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

THIS WEB SITE IS NOT THE Official Site off the BBC

Posted: 28 June 2009 05:53 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

It is the link from the BBC Site.

Just because it says external - LOL. I’ve been to the Site area before on streaming concerns - iPlayer takes you there..

Goto -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/listen/
Then you will see an FAQ on Streams -

QUOTE:
If you want to listen via Windows Media, Real Player or via your wifi radio then the iPlayer FAQ has all the direct links to launch listening.
END QUOTE.

Under the iPlayer FAQ link is also shown below for you -
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/finding_programmes/real_wma_streams

Cheers;
DSB.

Posted: 28 June 2009 06:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

sorry , hand up on this one you right , see so many people try to sell tv and radio here thanks bealerDSB
is work via spanish web ?

jurdy

Posted: 28 June 2009 06:16 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

Don’t see why not - I’m overseas right now and works as normal 😉

DSB.  😊

Posted: 28 June 2009 07:21 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

over sea aswell but in ireland and all the uk tv sites work here , bbc,itv,ch4,ch5, ukgold and so on . All radio aswell

Posted: 28 June 2009 08:09 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Either of you know any ways to veiw BBC iplayer content such as programmes from outside the UK?

Add to that YouTube, because sad as I am, I wanted to watch the original episodes of Star Trek the other day, as I saw they’re all there and legally too. Unfortunately when I clicked the links for each episode, just told me that it’s “Not available in your region”. :(

THere must be a way around some of these region specific restrictions surely?

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 28 June 2009 08:24 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

need to get ip address in Uk watch uk tv

jurdy

Posted: 28 June 2009 08:58 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Didn’t think there would be an easy way around… 😉

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:31 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Anonymous Proxy Sever

What is a Proxy Server?

Here’s the technical definition for “Proxy”: The technique in which one host, usually a router, answers Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) requests intended for another machine.  By “faking” its identity, the router accepts responsibility for routing packets to the “real” destination.  Proxy ARP allows a site to use a single IP address with two physical networks. 

Now that’s a mouthful.  Here’s what that means (in English):  A proxy is a server that will act as the “middle-man” between you and whatever else you connect to.  It is most commonly used as a “safety net” for your connection.  Using a proxy usually hides the true identity of the person using it.

Why would you want to use a proxy?  As I mentioned before, for security.  If you are using a good proxy, the web sites you visit will not be able to tell who you actually are, or where you actually came from.  For example, if you use a proxy and visit the “Snoop Page”, the page most likely will not be able to gather accurate information on your connection.

If you would like to learn more, drop us a line.  Proxy servers are commonly there one day, then gone the next.  If you commonly use a proxy server (besides the one provided by your ISP), we highly advise you check it out every now and then to be sure they haven’t changed their format.  Fore information on how to configure your browser so you can use a proxy sever, drop us an email with your browser make and model.  (Example: Netscape Comunicator 4.73 or Internet Explorer 5.01) 

Interested in other possible security/privacy issues?  Check out our brief section on “Internet Cookies.”

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:34 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03
heath1974 - 28 June 2009 08:09 PM

Either of you know any ways to veiw BBC iplayer content such as programmes from outside the UK?

Add to that YouTube, because sad as I am, I wanted to watch the original episodes of Star Trek the other day, as I saw they’re all there and legally too. Unfortunately when I clicked the links for each episode, just told me that it’s “Not available in your region”. :(

There must be a way around some of these region specific restrictions surely?

OK - now you are being silly for sure / right ??
Come on Heath, woz I born last night eh ??

P.S: F** the VPN route, I use my own route / punn
No worries / PM me for the full monty.

DSB.

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:42 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

many bbc radio stations are available to play directly from the listen live link on their pages.
like bbc.co.uk/radio4 with no problems on windozw media player!

they work in most countries, but 5live is sometimes restricted the UK (and sometimes that is also blocked) for certain sports rights issues

and with youtube….certain things are country limited….it may be uk limited, it may be usa limited…if it is the latter them you will need a usa ip address…..or just download from a torrent site….TOS is on pirate bay!

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:43 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03
jurdyr - 28 June 2009 10:31 PM

Anonymous Proxy Sever
What is a Proxy Server?

I use two options side by side.
The one costs me 5.99 GBP pr month - awsome speed and secure.
The other costs me 14GBP pr year and is also secure but sometimes I have to email the Co for an update.

Both work C4,ITV,iPlayer just fine on a minimum of 0.7mb line and above.1.5mb dedicated and you can click the link to update to the hi-res catchup.

Aside of all that there is a Catchup addon on Firefox for ITV. I WILL NOT place the specifics in THIS or ANY forum for fear of blogging down the servers.

PM me for the dealio / I watch any ITV prog using this plugin, bounces the *.asx file and then opens up quicktime for my TV show.
Beauty is that you can let it buffer, just like UTube, so doesn’t matter if your internet runs off a “packet strength” - you’ll get it eventually ok.

Cheers;
DSB.
P.S: Michael Jackson ROCKS 😊

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:44 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03
satandpcguy - 28 June 2009 10:42 PM

pirate bay!

Nah - They full of Worm32 - Mininova dot org mate 😉

DSb.

Posted: 28 June 2009 10:54 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

I remember using BBC Multicast parent drive back in 2003 in GA USA. WIFI on my MAC PowerBookG4 Laptop watching snooker live speaking to my Dad in Wales.
The delay was 2.0 seconds at 400kbs BACK then.

😉

DSb.