Malaga
Posted: 05 July 2009 04:24 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Well Just returned from Malaga….

I stayed in Puerto Banus were it was DEAD… Hardly anyone in or around the place….

Talking to the guy at reception in the H10 hotel I stayed in he said most staff had to take a PAY CUT!!!

Anyway… There is Defo no Crisis in Malaga! this is for sure…..

after being there I had my eyes opened to things that 1) Made me think and 2) If you can get away with it do it!!!!

What I mean is there was a lot dealings going on in Boots of Very expensive cars…

Later I found out it was Diamonds and Gold…. Black Market…. But awesome to watch if you have an eye for these things!

House Prices have stayed the same…. Around Marbella Rent Prices for a decent flat is around 750 per month excluding bills….

Cost of living round there is way high!! to high….

I asked an estate agent… Do you think the prices will go down?

answer “no no no” they will go up!!! My Reply… Sorry love I speak to you in a few months time when the bank removes your head from up your arse… and you see the better picture 😊 So many propertys vacant for sale etc its unbeliveble…

Just cannot believe it!

anyway… Malaga is the place for me I am moving there asap… hopefully either this month or towards the end of August….

Mac.

Posted: 05 July 2009 01:02 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23
MAC31 - 05 July 2009 04:24 AM

anyway… Malaga is the place for me I am moving there asap… hopefully either this month or towards the end of August….

Mac.

You must be mad, the place is a crap hole.

One piece of advice when driving around Marbella/Puerto, if a car cuts you up or causes you road rage, think twice about the reaction from you.

There are more Mafia driving around in that area than in Moscow.

I hit a Mercedes in my works van once on the golden mile, it had been raining and the road was an ice rink, i rear ended the merc, badly damaged the bumper and lights, the guy jumps out, he was Russian, he didn`t want to exchange details etc etc.

I had to tell my boss somebody hit the van and drove away.

I guess the guy didn`t want the authorities involved.

A client told me once that 98% of the Russians in Marbella are either Mafia or working for the Mafia.

I`ve visited many expensive apt`s with Russian`s, you only have to speak to them to realise there not academics who have worked in good jobs and earned money legally to pay for the Lambo in the drive.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 05 July 2009 03:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Well I was not going to mention Mafia…. as I felt it might peeeev some peeps off….

However correct Mafia run… Malaga… Has nothing but dodgy dealings…. Like I said Its an eye opener if you look carefully….

I speak and Understand Dutch (Basics) and even the Dutch are at it… Gold diamonds etc…...

Anyway yeap I am going to move there to see what happens mad most probs…

But anything to get out of the CATALANS! there driving me mad with there one IDIOMA SHITE!

There rude and basically nuts themselves…. but they will learn that how they are will be there downfull at the end.

Mac

Posted: 05 July 2009 08:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23
MAC31 - 05 July 2009 03:40 PM

!

There rude and basically nuts themselves…. but they will learn that how they are will be there downfull at the end.

Mac

Most Spaniards are.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 05 July 2009 08:24 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Well it is true.. 100% there rude arrogant It used to be a minority now its the majority.

I take Santi you no longer live in Spain?

Posted: 05 July 2009 09:52 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-03-05
Santi - 05 July 2009 01:02 PM

A client told me once that 98% of the Russians in Marbella are either Mafia or working for the Mafia.

Somebody went out and did a survey?