Spain Superiority Showdown (formerly: Bank Account Help Needed Urgently!)
Posted: 09 July 2009 06:59 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12
Santi - 09 July 2009 05:50 PM

But rules in Spain are interpreted by idiots and implemented by monkeys who worship the ground the almighty idiots walk on, so they never question procedures or suggest adopting more practical workin solutions.
Thats why there still 10 yrs behind the rest of the EU.

Awesome and I am 100% behind the quote…

Hence why Spain is not in the G8 and G20…

As There rules and regs are crap… there still using tactics like Vote for me and I will cut your grass etc tactics…

Also EU and Non EU countries are still pissed with Spain about pulling there troops out of places when there have not completed there Tour etc…

Another is that Spain in the next 5 years will have issues with Catalonia and North Spain trying there best to Seperate from Spain..

ALL POLITICS!

Posted: 09 July 2009 11:08 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard!

Many many things (healthcare, online banking, online tax systems, downloading forms in PDF which you can fill out online - try doing that with UK Govt system, Traffico site, ) are far superior here than the UK and I won’t mention the recent EU entrants (why do you think so many of them live here?) the high speed AVE train (which American official came to look at and learn)

Of course its not perfect - no where is!

Try learning Spanish and understanding the country that you live in and you might appreciate it more.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 09 July 2009 11:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23
ROB1305 - 09 July 2009 11:08 PM

Try learning Spanish and understanding the country that you live in and you might appreciate it more.

Thats where I`m going wrong then.

Must learn to communicate with the locals more.😊

Maybe I`ll change my name from Santiago too, say John.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 09 July 2009 11:57 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Sorry Rob I can understand your point but the proof is in the Pudding…

Some of the things that you pointed out are very minor…

When I worked for The ICC in Den Hague Spain was not really respected with there laws its the most complex In the EU they have laws for one thing and another to cancel out the law etc….

There Passport system is a shambles Every time I have to renew my Spanish passport I have to get up a 4am in the morning to line up outside the passport office to renew it.. there?s no online or post renew/apply service. This includes my DNI Card!!!

Also there health system is more of shambles then anywhere else in the EU…

I understand you?re a Journo but get your facts right before correcting others… Its not rumour or maybes its fact that Spain is behind the rest of Europe but I wouldn?t put years on it…

For the comment about the “US Official That Came to Spain” yes he did check out the Rail route that?s now in place in Spain Tracks built by Spaniards Trains Built Abroad… (No Wow Factor)

Until Spain Keeps its promises and does not piss off the EU by pulling out troops etc… It maybe taken seriously.. French President Suggested that Spain should be in the “G20” but was very quickly corrected by the other 25 Members as “no” (Shortly Before Sarkozy called Spainish President A Nutter if you remember)

I speak 4 different Languages and yeap 1 of them is Spanish (Mothers Tongue)... Did not understand your point on that one…

Everyone?s Opinion counts.

Mac

Posted: 10 July 2009 02:13 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
Santi - 09 July 2009 05:50 PM

But rules in Spain are interpreted by idiots and implemented by monkeys who worship the ground the almighty idiots walk on, so they never question procedures or suggest adopting more practical workin solutions.

Claaasssic!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 10 July 2009 02:18 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
ROB1305 - 09 July 2009 11:08 PM

Many many things (healthcare, online banking, online tax systems, downloading forms in PDF which you can fill out online - try doing that with UK Govt system, Traffico site, ) are far superior here than the UK and I won’t mention the recent EU entrants (why do you think so many of them live here?) the high speed AVE train (which American official came to look at and learn)

Of course its not perfect - no where is!

I agree here too. Public transit/general transportation, health care, lifestyle, civil planning, separation of church/state, protection of civil liberties, use of renewable energy sources, sustainable agriculture… these are all superior (IMHO) to the two other countries I know best: Canada and the US (and they’re both in G8).

Again, IMHO. 😊

But we’re getting off topic here. Perhaps I should split this thread. Anyone opposed?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 10 July 2009 04:21 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

[quote But we’re getting off topic here. Perhaps I should split this thread. Anyone opposed?

Split it…

Spain has a lot going for it… Just a shame its not taken seriously…

Can not have it all!!!!!!!

‹‹ Malaga      Why not learn Chinese? ››