translation/description of ?demanda embargo? please….
Posted: 16 July 2009 03:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-11-26

What does demanda embargo mean please? And at what stage does it happen? I am assuming it is some stage in a company?s bankruptcy process…what are the implications? Are the bank accounts frozen at this stage? Are administrators appointed?
I?d be grateful for information on this legal process, or perhaps some useful websites with english translations of spanish legal /financial terms. Many thanks!

Posted: 16 July 2009 03:54 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

I am not sure…. However if you received the demand for Embargo that means the process of Administration has started…
Also in time the accounts will be frozen…

I am sure one or two people will help you answer when they login later today if not I will message them to ask to assist you.

Mac

Posted: 16 July 2009 04:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-06-30

Dear Fiona

There are different sort of embargoes: precautonary embargoes and executive embargoes. The embargo can be requested in many sort of processes in different jurisdictional orders (civil, criminal, etc). With the information you give, it is quite hard to provide more accurate advice. If you could explain your case with more details, we would be in position to give more information.

Regards

Javier Moya- Lawyer
els
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 16 July 2009 09:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-11-26

Thanks chaps.
In fact it’s thankfully not me that has been served the embargo. I was viewing e-Informa trying to find information about a particular building company. That web site advised me that the company had been served the embargo last week, and I am wondering how far along in the administration/bankruptcy process it is. I already know that the building company is in trouble and is not paying its bills.