Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-07-24

removed

Posted: 28 July 2009 02:35 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

Sorry to hear about the problems you have had.Was this company recommended to you? or did you just pick it as its a big company ?

Posted: 28 July 2009 02:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24

We went through various quotes with both spanish and english companies. I convinced my wife this one was better.(Yes im paying for that one). I fell for the sale.

Posted: 28 July 2009 02:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

I had a poor service from a UK/Spain based removal company.

They quoted the cheapest, so I guess I couldn`t blame it when the boxes were squashed, wet and falling apart.

I never moved large expensive items as I`d heard horror stories, plus when you consider the distance the vehicles move, its not really surprising.

I don`t judge a company on my experience, I`m a person who deals with the general public everyday in work and there are some strange clients around with exceptionally high expectations beyond reality, add the internet and a politically correct society, the outcome then general tends to be a lot of wingers.

The wingers in that category then spoil it for the true hard done by cases.

The Insurance industry is a prime example, people claim constantly when they shouldn’t and then complain when companies defend against losses.

I`m sure you were badly treated, but companies instantly put up a defensive wall of protection thanks due to constant wingers.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 28 July 2009 03:12 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24

if you don’t judge company on your experience what do you judge them on.
I’m not sure i understand your point about people who complan and its relevance.
I want people who move to spain to understand the pitfalls and service providors who they should think twice about employing.

Posted: 28 July 2009 03:19 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

I moved back to the UK a few weeks ago got 10 quotes varied from 1200-3000,all with my own packing.I was rec to St Georges in Mijas they came round gave me a really good price,arranged collection and del to my convenience and were absolutely brilliant,not one thing was lost,broken or damaged.

Posted: 28 July 2009 06:39 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24

Mine was with all packed and unpacked, wrapped and storage for 3 weeks

Posted: 28 July 2009 09:29 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23
mucus - 28 July 2009 03:12 PM

if you don’t judge company on your experience what do you judge them on.

I don`t judge them.

A company is made of more than one individual and people have bad days.

I once knew a great business guy, funny, friendly and what seemed very honest, until he was prosecuted for fraud and GBH.

I’m not sure i understand your point about people who complain and its relevance.

Imagine then that your employed in Customer Care Dept and all day everyday your dealing with complaints.

But you no that out of those say 200 complaints, your company provides stats and evidence that out of those 200 complaints 80% are unfounded for various reasons, 10% fraud, 7% warranted and 3% mistakes.

Now after months of dealing with clients that you no are mostly wingers with no grounds, you soon lose any sympathy with genuine clients.

If we scroll back time to say the 1980`s, clients only complained when they required reimbursement of there loss, now wingers want to make a profit and get back at the company using what ever method they can to discredit that company.

One bad experience does not make a bad company, it just makes a bad experience.

So if you want to get back at them, just vote with your feet and not use them again, if there a bad company, they`ll soon suffer.

I want people who move to spain to understand the pitfalls and service providors who they should think twice about employing.

I should point out though that if I was the Director/boss of the company you`ve mentioned, I`d be issuing an order to my Lawyers seeking compensation from both BritishExpats and you through the courts.

This may well be the Internet, but your personnal details can be passed, so as to issue proceedings against you.

I`d be careful who you slander in public, I`m pretty sure the company you`ve named is large enough to prove to a court that they arn`t as you describe.

Since you`ve been writting these statements all over the Expat sites and I`m sure you don`t want to lose anymore money.

You may find this info handy as it explains the implications.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3644610.stm

I`d remove all your posts ASAP and start to talk to a solicitor, as you could have caused more hassle than if you`d simply sued the company in your local small claims court.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”