Can all owners be forced to pay for an unwanted on site tennis court
Posted: 06 August 2009 05:33 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-11-24

Yet another community of owners point of contention.
One owner has suggested that a tennis court be installed in the middle of our lawn/garden area at our community. How many of the votes are necessary for this to be made possible, and if so, must we all pay for this installation. I seem to remember a clause concerning the use of community area—that more than 2/3 of the owners (not just those present) must agree. Is this correct?

Posted: 08 August 2009 10:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-24

Again, thank you so much for your input.
I notice that the absent owners will be deemed as being in favour if they do not give notice of their disagreement with the decision within 30 days of the meeting. In our community, the minutes of the meeting are not sent out until three or four months after the meeting. How would the absent owners then stand? The other problem we have, being foreign owners, is that the president/secretary at the last meeting decided to disallow some of our proxies not because there was no signature, but because there was no visible address of the sender on the printed out proxy. I understand that this is not legal, but this year we have no way of making a proxy since there is no time to send a registrered letter from England or Scandinavia that would arrive in time for the meeting.  Any thoughts?

Posted: 09 August 2009 03:03 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-24

A thousand thanks for this info. Just what I have been scouring the translation sites for.
My heartfelt regards