state schools in Benalm?dena’
Posted: 01 September 2009 07:47 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-01

im moving to costa del sol next month (october). i have two daughters age 15 and 13, can anyone advise me on any state schools around Benalm?dena’?
thanks
megs

Posted: 01 September 2009 09:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Isn`t it a bit late to be planning that now, most of the school books will have been sold by now.

If you didn`t know you have to purchase the books and materials used in Spanish schools,  the school will provide a list during the summer, its around 110.00 Euros per child per year, you order at any local stationary shop near the school and collect throughout the summer as they arrive.

Research on the net is a waste, when you arrive get the contacts locally to your home, then enrol them.

It`ll give you chance to view the school and decide if it right.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 03 September 2009 05:41 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-01

i didnt ask for info on the books i asked if there where any schools near Benalmadena

Posted: 06 September 2009 02:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

There are lots of state schools in Benal,it depends on where you are going to live.It works on a sort of catchment area system.You need to find a home, visit your local school, reg with police station then the town hall,then reg at school if they have spaces.If your local school has no spaces they can send the kids to ant school.
There is no kind of OFSTED reports on spanish schools so you need to talk to parents at the local school to see if they like it.
Also take note of santis comments by now most books will be sold out.
Do your kids talk spanish,if not they will find school extremely hard as all classes are in spanish.