Wholesale organic pulses
Posted: 07 September 2009 01:02 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

Does anyone know where I could buy big bags of organic pulses eg soya beans, either online/delivery or somewhere reasonably close by the northern Costa Blanca..?

cheers,

Maya

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Maya,
First try the online health magazine - ‘la chispa’ - they mainly cover costa del sol, but do have advertisers further afield.
They are very friendly and I am sure if you dropped them a line they would have some suggestions of helath food stores in your area at least to get you started.
Our local store in Los boliches - Bionatura do buy in bulk - but I don’t think they would give us their supplier???
Is this the kind of item you can get at an agricultural store?  I know our one in Alhaurin again have large sacks and if I asked nicely I am sure they would sell me a bag at a reasonable price. (They sell a whole range of grains and pulses.  I am not sure if it is for caterers or for animals tho!).  😉

Happy eating;)
SJ

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

ps… we buy our alf alfa by the kilo from our agricultural store and our green soya beans either from the wholesale Chinese food supplies store, or even Mercadonna have a kilo for just Eu 1.50?* (a while since we bought them - as we don’t grow in the summer, but will be starting our home grown soon 😉