work contract and extra work?
Posted: 30 May 2009 01:31 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-05-30

Hello,

I have a question, that might seem strange in this time of crisis.  I have a full-time job, and a contract, indefinido type.  In the summer I work a summer timetable, which means that I finish at 3pm, and was thinking of giving some English classes in the afternoons.  Does anyone know if I would have to register as aut?nomo in order to do this - it’s quite unlikely that I would make 200 euros a month doing this, and I believe that is what I would have to pay to register as aut?nomo.  Is there a legal amount that I can make over and above my wage without having to declare it?

Hoping someone can help,

!Madre M?a!

Posted: 21 August 2009 01:58 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-30

I still havent found out the answer to this.  I am now wondering about starting my own v small businness, i.e. just me, so that i can do tranlsations in my spare time - but need to know what i would have to do, as i dont want to give up the security of my job - i would want to keep my job, and do the translations in my spare time - would i need to register as aut?nomo in order to be able to issue invoices?  Is there a limit to what i can earn before having to register as aut?nomo?  the sites that i have seen indicate that i would need about 3000 euros to register as a S.L. but i wouldnt have that kind of capital, in fact wouldnt have any really, just want to do tranlsations, send out an invoice and get paid, and hopefully after a few years might be able to do it full time.  Does anyone know how i can go about this?

Posted: 21 August 2009 04:11 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

madre mia,
for hacienda you can be both employee and autonomo
for the social security you can only be either an employee or an autonomo at a time.

you can register as autonomo in hacienda so you can issue invoices to companies for services rendered.
you collect iva and companies keep irpf. hacienda will inform you better on this.
you do not have to set up an sl or sa.
meanwhile since you are covered by the ss as employee, just keep on working as one.

when you decide to quit your job, and want to register as autonomo in the ss, before doing this,  unregister first as autonmo in hacienda.,
then reigister as autonomo in hacienda and ss on the same day. why? so you do not contribute to ss for previous status as part time autonomo.
then you start issuing invoices again and contributing to ss as full time autonomo.

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:06 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-30

thanks Aritz would i still have to pay the 200 or so euros a month to register as autonomo with hacienda?

Posted: 08 September 2009 11:40 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

are you employed at the moment?

Posted: 09 September 2009 01:22 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-30

Yes, and have a contract (indefinido).  I work a jornal completa.

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:43 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

if you are employed, it means you are already covered by the social security.
which means you do not have to register as autonomo in the social security
which means you do not have to contribute to the social security.
you only register as autonomo in hacienda so you can issue invoices legally to companies getting your services.
normally, your client (if they are companies or autonomos) would keep 15% of the bill, which they give to hacienda as your irpf.
and you charge them 16% of the bill, which you remit to hacienda (online or thru banks) as iva every quarter. (be careful with this one)
at the beginning there are discounts on the irpf or iva i do not remember now, but talk to hacienda.
calculate your fees taking into considerations the irpf and iva.