Advice where to stay during vaccation
Posted: 24 September 2009 02:15 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-24

Hi all.

Great information here, but I still wanna ask a question 😊

I am going to Barcelona with my girlfriend, and am not sure where to stay. To actually live in El Ravel , or around Las Ramblas does’nt seem that nice to me (we are not party peoply and it can be a bit more rough later at night). So I have narrowed it doen to three options:

1) Cheap apartment, 190?, located close to Hospital de Sant Pau
2) Apartment 320? in Gracia, cose to Lesseps metro
3) Hotel 300?, close to Placa de Catalunya (away from Las Ramble, towards l’Eixample)

So, of course my most important question is, how is the neighbourhood around Hospital de Sant Pau? Cheap living so if it’s good there also, its a winner :-D Are there caf?s, bars, restaurant if we wanna walk around and be ‘a bit’ out before we go to bed? Or just completely boring living area?

If so, we will consider the other options. But, what is most nice for tourists to live you thing, place de catalunya or Gracia?

Thanks!
Magnus

Posted: 25 September 2009 09:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

have you tryed the sol hotels , join there club for some very special offers and you get ,  mas rewards ,       
Earn points which you can swap for free hotel stays, free flights and much more   , Free breakfast for your room mate , Online access to your account and more
website is ttp://www.solmelia.com

used them lot this year and got some good prices , company cut back made us move from hthostels

jurdy

Posted: 27 September 2009 02:32 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-24

No, thanks for the tip, but it seemed to be a bit to expensive for us 😊

You don’t have any experience of the area arount Hospital Sant Pau? Are there any kind of night life, or completely dead? Is it possible to visit different bars and restaurant in the area or are we required to go other areas?

Regards,
Magnus

Posted: 27 September 2009 03:00 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hospital Sant Pau is, indeed, not a great place to live. Check this thread out. It’s a bit long but has a TON of information: Where to Live in Barcelona

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ Schools!      Rental in Andalucia ››