Special needs jobs in Spain
Posted: 28 September 2009 03:45 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-09-28

Hi,

I am going to move to Spain for a few months and I would like some help to find work with special needs kids. I graduated in psychology from a UK university and I have been working as a special needs teaching assistant in special schools for one year. Although I speak very good Spanish, I have been struggling to find a similar type of job in Spain (Barcelona). In the Uk, to work as an assistant I did not need any qualification. I am not sure about the situation in Spain.
I would very much appreciate help from anyone!!!!
Thank you!

Elisa

Posted: 28 September 2009 11:26 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

That’s a tough one. Many professions have direct qualification equivalencies, many don’t. Are there any professionals networks you can access from the UK that may provide a lead in Spain? What about visiting a few schools and talking to the headmaster? They may have something for you or at least a direction/information.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 September 2009 11:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

try the International Schools around spain as would have lot english kids

jurdy