Spanish Registered Vehicle Wanted
Posted: 12 October 2009 07:41 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-14

We are looking for a LHD Spanish Registered Vehicle. Anything considered with under 100,000 Kms in good condition,

Please contact Sarah .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 13 October 2009 12:05 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Please, please have it ‘checked out’ with a mechanic you Trust!  I have been stung several times with second hand cars - including ones from dealers!  No one takes responsibilty & it is a pain in the xxxx to try and make a complaint.  The best I got was a through inspection from my mechanic and a 6 month warantee where the vendors insurance paid out (only up to Eu500 however) if anything major went wrong (which it did!). 
Good luck 😉

(sorry to say I have lost faith in people. Knowingly selling on a car that has problems!  I know it is a difficult time economically at present, but no reason to be downright dishonest).
Perhaps there is an equivilent of AA/RAC who can do an official pre-purchase inspection? (Well worth the money if it saves you buying a dud car!).

Posted: 14 October 2009 11:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

When i lived in spain i bought my car from a car hire company.First i hired it for a week,loved it.They then serviced the car,gave me a car free for a week.3 years later and no probs with it,i sold it.Forget to say i also got a years warrenty with it.

Posted: 15 October 2009 07:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Pepsi has a good idea
I did try this when I was looking for a new car a few years ago, but everything was out of my budget.
Maybe in these hard times you might get something, especially as ‘high season’is over 😊

Posted: 15 October 2009 04:42 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

I got mine in Jan when it was really quiet.I found a lot of car hire places get rid of older cars at this time of year,the best thing to do is call them.
Where abouts in Spain are you?