Quality of Life Survey, Spain 2nd, UK ?
Posted: 19 October 2009 10:09 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

OK so we all know there are damn lies and statistics (No? well you do now) so given that we frequently get threads about comparisons of Spain vs UK Living - click through to here [FIXED]

(Sorry for some reason on this site the link does not work, try cut and pasting it)

download the PDF, read and lets start the debate….......

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 20 October 2009 12:04 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Try this its a news article linked to the survey.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wellbeing/britain-has-worst-quality-of-life-in-europe-study-20091013-gu7s.html

Its in the media so it has to be true.

Although if you digg into the owners of U Switch you may find there is a reason behind the survey results.

Not to mention if you promote the UK as being Expensive to live, your friendly cost comparison site becomes more attractive, there not stating you should move to Spain.

And they forgot to mention that Spain has the highest unemployment level and is likely to be the last EU country out of recession.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 20 October 2009 05:54 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

USwitch: “uSwitch.com is a free, impartial online and telephone-based comparison and switching service, helping consumers compare prices on gas, electricity, water, heating cover, home telephone, broadband, digital television, mobile phones, personal finance products and car insurance.”

Meh, not the greatest source, but it’s a fun topic worthy of debate.

I’ve only lived in Spain amongst EU countries, but travelled around quite a bit to others. I love France too, but it can’t match Spain’s weather and beaches (important to me).

Obviously at the end of the day it’s a personal choice, but the survey/study Rob cited speaks to my experiences completely. The UK seems like a bastion of US-style ignorance with shite weather and the worst food on the continent. Ugh.

I might be biased too however. Right Santi?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 20 October 2009 02:34 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-03-06

I would love to know the full criteria and reason for doing this survey. U Switch moving into Spanish market perhaps!

Signature 

“Today Is A New Day, The Sun Is In The Sky” (Even when it isn’t)
Success in Spain Audiobooks