Anybody on here live in Galera or thereabouts?
Posted: 23 October 2009 01:16 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-20

Hi,
I’ve been researching a move to Spain for years and I finally have the opportunity.
I am coming to Galera next week to look at some rental properties.
Also be going to Benamaurel and Freila too.
I’m hoping to find something and make the move next month (November)
I know there are many Brits in these areas.
Just wanted to know if any of you are members of this forum because I am soon to be your neighbour !

Many thanks…... L.

Posted: 23 October 2009 07:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-06-06

hi, yes i live in pulpite, near galera, what sort of rental are you after, we have a rental usually used in the summer, but no bookings for the winter as yet if your interested.

geetarman - 23 October 2009 01:16 AM

Hi,
I’ve been researching a move to Spain for years and I finally have the opportunity.
I am coming to Galera next week to look at some rental properties.
Also be going to Benamaurel and Freila too.
I’m hoping to find something and make the move next month (November)
I know there are many Brits in these areas.
Just wanted to know if any of you are members of this forum because I am soon to be your neighbour !

Many thanks…... L.

Posted: 26 October 2009 01:33 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-20

Hello and thanks for the offer. I’ll be looking for long term rental - a year or more so that I get a good feel for the area. Don’t want to have to be moving again in 6 months or so. A cave house is attractive due to the constant temperature and low humidity as I have a number of guitars I’ll be bringing over. How long have you lived there and how are you finding it ?  I’ve yet to hear any negative comments.

Posted: 26 October 2009 02:22 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-06-06

Hi, yes i understand, but you may need somwhere to stay short term while you look for a rental place anyway. My sister in law has a cave house in Galera which may suit, three bed small terrace, but water and electric connected which is importantout here! No major problems here but important to speak the language. the area is very rural and lots of cave houses, but most of them are to sell. Because of the rural area not much work available unless you speak spanish and then fairly limited. We have been here 5 years now and i would go for a cave house again if we ever moved, ideal for your guitars as you say, contant temperature of 18 degrees all year round. If you want to, get hold of me in private message and we’ll swop email addresses.

Posted: 26 October 2009 02:44 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-20

Many thanks for that. My Spanish not so good but can only improve. I won’t need to work for a while - very fortunate, I know - but will need an income eventually which could be some sort of a business venture. I have noticed a lot of cave homes for sale in Galera and surrounding area. Why is that? I hope I’m not moving into a ghost town. I hope to hire a car for a few days to have a good look around the area before settling on one spot. I guess I’ll need to go to Baza for that. I’ve taken note of your email address and sent you mine in a private message as I don’t think we are allowed show email addresses on here. Cheers.

Posted: 28 October 2009 12:12 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I’m also quite curious about cave homes (I see them pop up on the forum here quite often). Does anyone know of any videos that show us around one of them? I’m curious about the window and light situation specifically.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 June 2010 08:14 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-06-12

Thereis a forum for cave dwellers where you will get loads of info. Its where we found out all the ins and out before we bought our cave. If you google forum caveliving its not far down the page. I can never understand why forums dont like linking to other forums? Its not like anybody is going to steal business.

Signature 

http://inlandspain.forumotion.com

http://caveliving.forummotion.com

‹‹ VAN HIRE      Dogs in Spain for winter ››