is there still work for good builders from The Netherlands ?
Posted: 19 April 2010 07:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-19

To whom it may concern,

My name is Louis and I’m from The Netherlands where I run a smal buildingcompany for more then 15 years already.
My specialety is creating designe bathrooms and kitchens [costum made] etc., but also doors, windows and that kind of things.

We are planning to move to Spain[Granada] because we already bought a house in Granada.

At this moment I’m studying Spanish and in the summer there are still some small projects to be done in The Netherlands.
In December we will stay for a longer period in Spain [at least 3 /4 months] and it would be nice to have some continueing work in Spain.

Best Regards,

Louis de Wit

Posted: 21 April 2010 02:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

I worked with a few German kitchen suppliers and installers in Marbella, Granada does tend to home to people who would not require good quality kitchens and there spread around the campo area, but for sure there isn’t many doin it, so you could get some business.

Marbella they concentrated on Gaggenau and Miele products and imported bespoke units from Germany and tiles from Italy, there is still a strong market for antique and rustic renovations along the South coast, mainly importing old furniture, doors etc from Morocco and Africa.

General building work is hard to get as there so many doing it, but for a top end builder with experience and a good portfolio there is still work.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”