HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF TEACHERMEXCONNECT ?? PLEASE READ!! I NEED HELP!! IS THIS LEGIT???
Posted: 27 November 2007 10:05 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-10-11

I SAW THE BELOW POSTING ON DAVE’S ESLCAFE. IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS LEGIT BECAUSE IT ASKS TO MAKE A PAYMENT FOR THEIR SERVICE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS?? THANK YOU!!

TeacherMexConnect is looking for teachers for Mexico, Central America, South America, Europe, Caribbean. Still there are urgent positions for January.
Other positions beginning in Spring and now is the best time to apply for these. There are 1 year contracts as well 3, 4 and 6 months.
Please visit our site to view current postings.
http://www.teachermexconnect.com/
You may send your CV for a credential review but please only send ONE email on our site even if you are applying for all countries.
Dalia Jacobsen
Director
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 28 November 2007 02:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

I’ve never heard of a recruitment firm charging the applicant rather than the employer, so I would be inclined not to place much faith in them.  Although forty bucks isn’t very much money, if a company needs to charge this, it suggests they aren’t placing that many people and the revenue stream from applicants is paying their wages.  It might be worth risking $40 to find out - depends how much cash you have and how stupid you’ll feel if you don’t get anything for it.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 28 November 2007 06:50 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-02-25

Hi,

I saw the same job post on Dave’s ESL cafe a long time ago for TEACHERMEXCONNECT and thought it was too good to be true.  I sent in my resume for their “review” just to see if it took me to the next step.

I recieved an e-mail from Dalia Jacobson herself telling me that I was very qualified and that they were positive they could find me a job.  I was very specific in saying I only wanted to work in Barcelona.

But they of course told me that in order to show me all the amazing offers they had for me, I had to pay thier fee.  I was really surprised (and turned off) by that because in my experience (and I had been job hunting online for months at that point) other recruitment agencies didn’t charge you just to SEE their amazing offers.

I didn’t buy it.  When things seem that easy, they usually aren’t.  I didn’t pay and I never heard from them again.  I have no idea if I lost a golden opportunity.  But I agree with MartCross, that if you are willing to risk the $40, you may find out more than I did!  If you decide to do so, please let us know your results!

I’m not sure what kind of job you are looking for or where, but I had more luck searching for schools in the area I was interested in teaching and contacting the schools directly, instead of going through an agency.  I found my job that way!

Good luck.

Signature 

Laura

Posted: 29 November 2007 12:08 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Someone should set up a Paypal account and then take $5 donations to pool your resources together on this.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 November 2007 12:14 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-10-11

Laura! where are you now? what did you do?? can we get in contact?? i am looking to teach in Malaga. email me when you get a chance: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) - thanks a bunch!!!! 😊

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 05 January 2010 03:38 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-05

I have tried this service and I can confirm that it is a scam.  I’m in the process of notifying the authorities and taking legal action against them.  Here’s how the scam works:

They lure you with their supposed network of international contacts and promises stated or implied.  Then they take your money.  Then, they get you one or two emails of interest from a language factory like Berlitz just to cover themselves against outright fraud, and that’s it—that’s all you get.  Pretty clever, heh?  Notice, there is no street address at all on their website, just an email address.

Will keep you posted.

Posted: 02 March 2010 05:07 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-02

I totally agree that the placement agency is a scam.  Curiosity got the better of me and I figured for $40 why not?  I didn’t really see any other job postings and figured their so-called connections might help me.  It’s a total scam.  Good luck with your lawsuit because its a total fraud and they should be held accountable.

Posted: 27 April 2010 02:28 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-04-27

This site is a scam. I sent 40$ in December 09, and despite following their specific directions I did not receive one single offer. When I requested a refund, which is what they guarantee if you do not receive any offers in 4 months, I received no return email. I know the last thread on this topic was last month but I am trying to get their address so I can contact the Better Business Bureau; not surprisingly there is no phone number or mailing address listed on their website. If anyone has this information please let me know. I am guilty of being gullible but I want to warn others who may attempt to use this service.

Posted: 30 April 2010 01:38 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Domain whois info for teachermexconnect.com

Registrant:
  Teacher Mex Connect
  Dalia Jacobsen (3794943109)      (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address))
  Los Nogales #356-A
  NA
  Monterrey
  Nuevo Leon,66440
  MX
  Tel. +881.83367564

Creation Date: 29-Mar-2005
Expiration Date: 29-Mar-2011

Hosted on bravenet…

Yahoo.ca email addy…

You gotta be kidding….

Not with a 10 foot barge pole.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 30 April 2010 02:42 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-04-27

I appreciate the info on TeacherMexConnect but for the Better Business Bureau I need a street address.

Thanks

Charles

Posted: 07 May 2010 05:58 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-06

I know this is a little belated, but the International Au Pair Association has a website, http://www.iapa.org, that verifies different companies for au pairing around the world.  A lot of the agencies also have English teaching programs.  I’m currently living in Spain because of a site that I found through them.
Hope this helps someone.