Coming to Sevilla in July/August…help please?
Posted: 28 May 2010 07:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-05-28

Hello everyone 😊
My partner and I are coming to Sevilla in August, as my partner is doing an international year at Seville University. I’m going to be distance learning my course, and hopefully finding some work experience or a job once I’ve grasped Spanish.

My problem so far has been finding somewhere to stay. We won’t have a car, so we’d like to be quite close to the University, and we’d like a terrace. A pool would be a massive benefit! Either two bedrooms or a bedroom and an office would be great, but really, we just want somewhere nice.

We’ve found a few nice places, but they are holiday lets, and as such cost quite a bit to rent for an entire year. Ideally we’d like a rent to buy property, but I’ve no idea where to look for these…We both have exams until late June, so would like to find somewhere, book a week in July to get a feel for the place and hopefully move in in late July or August.

Any help would be really appreciated!

E x

Posted: 29 May 2010 01:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Your goin to Seville in August, I hope you like the heat.

The best way to find a long term rental is on foot searching in agents, the net does not reflect the market.

In the mean time these are a popular group with offices found in most towns and cities.

http://www.tecnocasa.es/site/es/contents/inmueble/propertyResults/alquilar.html#service_0

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 30 May 2010 12:59 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-28

We don’t have much of a choice, the course starts then…I’ll definitely be taking sun screen and shorts, though!

Thanks for your help, I’ll go check that website out.

E x

Posted: 04 June 2010 04:33 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

We live quite close to Sevilla. To find a property in the center will cost a fortune!!

Posted: 04 June 2010 04:37 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-28

Hi 😊
I’m unsure about how far places are away from the center, so I’m struggling a bit with looking!
Do you live close enough to walk in? And do you like Seville?

Thanks again,
E x

Posted: 04 June 2010 04:54 PM   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

We are about 50mins drive away in a little village, where property is cheaper. I think you will need to be further out and get a car. Sevilla is very large and very expensive. There is a tram that covers quite a large area of the city. There are some really rough areas on the outskirts, so be careful! I doubt you will get a place with a pool in the center, I doubt they even exist. It is a great city though very cosmopoliton! A spanish friend of ours has just finished at the university and she comutes from here. If I can help in any way please ask

Caz

Posted: 25 August 2011 03:32 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-06-20

Hi there,

I saw that you?re interested in moving to Seville. If you?re still looking for a place, you might be interested to know that I have a flat in San Juan de Aznalfarache with a swimming pool and balcony which I’m renting long term. It?s a 3 bedroom flat in a quiet housing estate near the river, and you?d be into the centre in 10 mins.

I?m renting it long-term for 550 EUR/month. It has a swimming pool and air conditioning, it?s south-facing, has a great balcony with amazing views, and it?s 95 square metres in size. It?s right next to the metro and across the road from a bus stop. The housing estate is near the river and the area is quiet.
I?ve attached a few photos (bear in mind that the photos were taken on a rainy day in January and don?t do the place justice!).
You can also check it out on loquo.com:
http://sevilla.loquo.com/ps/vivienda/particular/piso-95m-con-piscina-muy-luminoso-a-100m-del-metro/508707

If you?re interested or know anyone who might be , please give me a call on 0034 657873497 or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks a lot!

Jack