Moving to Barcelona from the UK
Posted: 24 May 2010 04:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-24

Hi everyone!
I am considering a move to Barcelona from London. I have been offered a job which pays me 50,000 Euros before taxes. Is this money enough for a family of two (me and my wife).

Also, how expensive is it to get education in English language in Spain (as in a MBA). Any other things I may have to consider. FYI I am an IT professional, with a huge interest on concerts and music, if that helps.

Cheers

Posted: 24 May 2010 10:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Congrats!
That’s awesome. And yep, 50k before taxes should be enough. You’ll probably live quite well comparatively.

If you want to do an MBA I suggest http://www.ie.edu/ but I think it’s around 50k per year (one year program). That’s a ballpark. Check it out for yourself though. 😊

You’re going to love the concert and music scene in BCN.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 24 May 2010 11:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-24

Thanks for the reply, it does sound great from your reply. I hope I can live somewhere like in Downtown Barcelona with this budget. Thanks again for your input.

Posted: 24 May 2010 11:05 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Wel, it’s important to be pickey about where you live. Check out this thread on where to live in Barcelona.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 July 2010 07:26 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-07-15

50k for 2 people is enough anywhere in spain, don’t worry about that! good luck!