Am i been silly should I stay at home? Learn and work, possible?
Posted: 25 July 2010 05:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-07-25

Hi my name is Dax.
I ‘m from the FAR western side of the UK from an Island called Ireland 😜
Anyhow I’m a Horticulturist qualified and a electrician qualified fully.

I have some questions please if yo could spend a short minute to respond to them i would be eternally grateful.
I want to learn Spanish, reading writing etc. all as soon as possible and to be fluent in their usage!
I have basic spanish with grammar and etc.  Eventually I want to live in Spain. But i want to learn spanish in the north, (better spoken). I have plenty of time but very little money. Getting job in Spain seems unrealistic even with my qualification’s as the housing markets are ‘‘fuebar’‘, and I rely upon housing and commercial building works for jobs. Ireland is as bad as Spain. And i believe the UK is not as bad, but on the way.  Any advice on my question below?

1.Is the economic situation improving in Spain?

2. was there summer / seasonal work for people this year in the south. And was there seasonal work in the north of Spain?

3. How many more years (do you think) before the Economy in Spain will return to half of what it was before the banking crash. yea i know a piece of string question

4. If I was to live in say, Salamanca, north west,  Spain and go to language school how long would it take to learn the language? (yea i know a piece of string question again, Some advise please

5. If i was to travel around Spain in a camper van or car and work in different areas of the countryside for return of food and board is it possible to learn the language? I would be going though an homestay agency. IE WWOOF.org HOME ,http://ruralvolunteers.org, /WHOSTS/ 
Basically it involve working for 4-5 hours per day on a farm or farm house and then getting watered, fed, and having a bed for the night.
If you have experience doing this then please share them.

Any question answered is helpful and stupid answers will be ignored. Thank you Dax.

Posted: 25 July 2010 02:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

1.Is the economic situation improving in Spain?  NO

2. was there summer / seasonal work for people this year in the south. And was there seasonal work in the north of Spain? NO

3. How many more years (do you think) before the Economy in Spain will return to half of what it was before the banking crash. yea i know a piece of string question 15 YRS

4. If I was to live in say, Salamanca, north west,  Spain and go to language school how long would it take to learn the language? (yea i know a piece of string question again, Some advise please,  3-5 YRS

5. If i was to travel around Spain in a camper van or car and work in different areas of the countryside for return of food and board is it possible to learn the language? POSSIBLE BUT YOU’d BE WORKING WITH OTHER NON SPANISH SPEAKERS.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 25 July 2010 08:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-07-25

Thank you Santi I wish to also hear other peoples comments please?

Posted: 26 July 2010 03:44 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

The Spanish economy is still in dire straits and it will probably get worse before it improves.  However, this year there has been a consistent monthly increase in the selling prices of flats and houses, and the number of properties bought and sold, according to the Spanish media.  It’s probably down to the fact that last year nobody bought or sold anything, so it’s inevitable that it’s picked up a bit from a disastrous negative level.  But there does seem to be a bit more work around in our part of Granada province, compared to 2009 at least.  I think maybe the key now is to avoid the places which were massively overheated in the boom years - the costas, especially.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 26 July 2010 05:02 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-07-25

Thank you Martcross I wish to also hear other peoples comments please?

Posted: 29 July 2010 02:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-28

The Spanish economy is not improving.it is in dire straits and i think it will go down more in the future.The prices of houses and flats are increasing day by day.I hope for improving in economic conditions in the coming