FAMILY WANTED
Posted: 24 August 2010 01:17 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-05-27

Hola,
So I am Steph, 27 Mum to Kijah-Star 8, Skye-Cerys 6, Indigo-Storm 3 and Phoenix 2. Married to Sean 33.
We are moving to Spain, Costa del Sol or ideally Ibiza.
Are you or do you know a family that would love to move but can’t quite fund the ideal place? Fancy co-habiting?
Either we could go halves on a plot of land and whack some caravans on there or we could go halves on a property.
Ready made support system so that we don’t succumb to loneliness.
Sean is a HGV driver (Newcastle fan, into SAS books), kids are beautiful and typical but well behaved. I am free-spirited and into the paranormal. We’re open minded.
Basically we want a quiet life, with enough dough to feed and clothe us while spending quality time together in a nicer climate.

Looking at May next yr at the very earliest, we have a house to sell that isn’t on the market yet. So we’re still in planning mode.

Any takers?

Posted: 24 August 2010 10:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

Lovely idea Steph, I hope it works out for you!!!!

Posted: 25 August 2010 01:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-27
cazzy - 24 August 2010 10:20 PM

Lovely idea Steph, I hope it works out for you!!!!

Thanks, so do I! Lol!
Where have you “just landed”? How is it going for you? x

Posted: 25 August 2010 03:04 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

We have been here for 6 years now. We live in an Inland village in Andalucia, about an hour inland from malaga. We love it although the house is far too big and we really need to downsize. There are a few other ex-pat families here, some with kids, who go to the local school. The infant/junior school only has about 25 kids in it!! We have all the facilities here including a municipal pool, tennis courts, football pitch, free gym, doctors, shop, street gym. It is a really friendly place and very family orientated. The Spanish get on well with the Brits and involve us in what ever is going on.

Posted: 26 August 2010 01:28 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the local school when you enroll your kids, there gonna love those names.

You may want to look towards Granada and the La Alpujarra mountain region, there are a few open minded people living the green life there.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 27 August 2010 01:17 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-27
cazzy - 25 August 2010 03:04 PM

We have been here for 6 years now. We live in an Inland village in Andalucia, about an hour inland from malaga. We love it although the house is far too big and we really need to downsize. There are a few other ex-pat families here, some with kids, who go to the local school. The infant/junior school only has about 25 kids in it!! We have all the facilities here including a municipal pool, tennis courts, football pitch, free gym, doctors, shop, street gym. It is a really friendly place and very family orientated. The Spanish get on well with the Brits and involve us in what ever is going on.

Sounds great! I find children are much more appreciated in Spain. Back here people are lovely if babies are cute and quiet, but as soon as they start making a noise, it’s disapproving looks and tuts!!

We are hoping to be more coastal! My husband grew up near the sea and so wants to go back to it! x

Posted: 27 August 2010 01:22 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-27
Santi - 26 August 2010 01:28 AM

I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the local school when you enroll your kids, there gonna love those names.

You may want to look towards Granada and the La Alpujarra mountain region, there are a few open minded people living the green life there.

Thanks…people generally do love their names!!

My Mum and step-Dad are living the green life in Estepona, so I would like to be near them!  But thanks for the recommendation!

Posted: 27 August 2010 01:26 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
StephSmith - 27 August 2010 01:17 PM

Sounds great! I find children are much more appreciated in Spain. Back here people are lovely if babies are cute and quiet, but as soon as they start making a noise, it’s disapproving looks and tuts!!

You’ll get that in Spain, children are allowed to play and be free as long as its in the right place, right way and the right time and of course that they are Spanish, if not you may, assuming you can speak/understand Spanish, find some not to pleasant conversations.

I’ve witnessed even Spanish children being told to shut up by other Spaniards, its not much different to the UK, bit of a myth really.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 27 August 2010 05:11 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-27
Santi - 27 August 2010 01:26 PM
StephSmith - 27 August 2010 01:17 PM

You’ll get that in Spain, children are allowed to play and be free as long as its in the right place, right way and the right time and of course that they are Spanish, if not you may, assuming you can speak/understand Spanish, find some not to pleasant conversations.

I’ve witnessed even Spanish children being told to shut up by other Spaniards, its not much different to the UK, bit of a myth really.

I have lived on the costa del sol before.
I suppose it’s the same as anywhere, you get your grumpy gits everywhere.
But on the whole my experience of the spanish with children, is a positive one!

I speak spanish, children know some. In fact my second daughter, who we call Cielo, used to speak more spanish than english when she was a bubba. I had to teach her english when she went to pre-school as they wouldn’t have known what leche was!

Posted: 27 August 2010 07:20 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
StephSmith - 27 August 2010 05:11 PM

So you’ll be aware of the myths then.

I wouldn’t call the grumpy gits, biggots, yeap, it seems to be a growing trend in Europe.

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2010 09:38 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-27
Santi - 27 August 2010 07:20 PM
StephSmith - 27 August 2010 05:11 PM

So you’ll be aware of the myths then.

I wouldn’t call the grumpy gits, biggots, yeap, it seems to be a growing trend in Europe.

I’m well aware of the myths and pitfalls!! Seen it all before!

As for biggots….they can get on with it!!  They don’t have to live my life, so have no bearing on it!

I think it’s frustration that is creeping round europe! People are fed up and democracy as it stands…isn’t. So people are left to struggle without a portal for their worries!!  It will probably all kick off! But as long as I’ve got my home and family, No pasa nada!