English or Spanish agent?
Posted: 08 September 2010 05:36 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2010-01-28

Am going to have a look a places to rent from October onwards via a quick 1 week visit to the Granada area in September.
My GF speaks a bit of rough Spanish but am wondering whether it might be better to look for an English agent or a Spanish agent.
I may be wrong but I’m presuming most English agents will add on an English “sales pitch tax” that might make it more expensive. I also heard that some are charging 1 month’s rent as fees when the landlord should really be paying this.
Any thoughts?

Also, are there agents on the main streets in Granada or is it necessary to phone a lot of them in relation to adverts and meet near the place?

Posted: 08 September 2010 09:07 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

Are you only looking in Granada province? We have a couple of rentals available. They belong to friends so you will deal directly with them and not through an agent. One is in Malaga province at 200 euros pcm the other near Seville at 450 euros pcm. Both exclude bills. If you want more info please let me know.

Caz

Posted: 09 September 2010 02:27 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2010-01-28
cazzy - 08 September 2010 09:07 PM

Are you only looking in Granada province? We have a couple of rentals available. They belong to friends so you will deal directly with them and not through an agent. One is in Malaga province at 200 euros pcm the other near Seville at 450 euros pcm. Both exclude bills. If you want more info please let me know.

Caz

Yes, just Granada (La Zubia, Monachil, Armilla) and further south on the coast, say La Herradura, etc.

Posted: 02 November 2010 08:15 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-11-01

I understood your problem qwertyjjj and as per my point of view language dose matter other wise any have to face huge kind of problem so avoiding this kind of problem try to communicate in written or in agreement so it can becomes legal proof .

Signature 

rental agreements