Tarjeta de residencia for famely member of EU citizen
Posted: 28 October 2010 07:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-10-28

My wife is a citizen of European Union (Latvia), I am a not citizen of EU. Do we want to arrive together on Spain, to reach it certificado de registro for my wife, and since, to ask tarjeta de residencia for me? Do, I can, to do it on a tourist visa, or I must go back into a my own country and get a resident visa in a consulate?
Please help, who did it recently?

Posted: 28 October 2010 10:35 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

Your wfe may move to Spain as an EU citizen, you as her dependant. You need to be registered as living in Spain for 3 Months before you can apply for a residency permit. Unless you are setting up your own business I would advise you to think before you move as Spain has a 20% + unemployment rate and any work is hard to find.

Posted: 28 October 2010 11:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-10-28
Lionel Richard Westell - 28 October 2010 10:35 PM

Your wfe may move to Spain as an EU citizen, you as her dependant. You need to be registered as living in Spain for 3 Months before you can apply for a residency permit. Unless you are setting up your own business I would advise you to think before you move as Spain has a 20% + unemployment rate and any work is hard to find.

Thank you. I do not need work in Spain, I have a source of profit, and I know about unemployment. My main question, I can go with a wife to Spain on a tourist visa, and to get in Spain of tarjeta residencia, or I must go back in my country and get the special D visa for long stay in Spain?

Posted: 29 October 2010 12:35 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

positive,
what is your citizenship?
where are you legally residing right now?

Posted: 29 October 2010 12:52 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-10-28

Im Russian citizen, and stay in Russia.

Posted: 29 October 2010 01:13 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30
positive - 29 October 2010 12:52 AM

Im Russian citizen, and stay in Russia.

since you are a russian citizen, you have to apply for an eu family member resident visa at the spanish consulate in russia.

Posted: 29 October 2010 01:28 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-10-28

You sure about it? I know the Croatian citizen who have Slovenian wife and get it without resident visa. Croatia non-EU member.

Posted: 29 October 2010 01:54 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30
positive - 29 October 2010 01:28 AM

You sure about it? I know the Croatian citizen who have Slovenian wife and get it without resident visa. Croatia non-EU member.

croatians do not need a visa to enter the schengen area.

i copied the following from the website of the spanish consulate in new york.

Residence visa to reunite a family member with a citizen of Spain or an EU member

It must be obtained by all nationals that are not EU citizens or they are from the countries that require visas to travel to the

Schengen countries (See Anejo 1 ICC) to reunite for residence in Spain with a Spaniard or an EU citizen including Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland with whom they have the following family ties:

1.      Spouse. If you are not legally separated.
2.      Their children or their spouse’s, who are not married and are under 21 years of age or incapacitated and are not married.
3.      Minors (under 21 years old) or incapacitated that are under the resident’s legal custody.
4.      Parents, or from the spouse’s, if they are dependents and there are proven reasons for them to justify their need for residency in Spain

American citizens and those of nationalities that do not require visa according the above mentioned list (Anejo 1 ICC) do not require a residence visa and must apply for their residence card once they arrive in Spain.
Nationals of the countries that require a visa to enter Spain must submit the following requirements:

* 2 National Visa Application forms dully filled out and signed.
  * Valid passport
  * Alien Residence Card (Green-Card) or residence visa valid in USA (except B-1, B-2).
  * 2 photos passport size with a white background.
  * Documents proving the family ties.
  * Spain’s “Libro de Familia” or Birth certificate or Marriage certificate bearing the “Apostille of the Hague Convention” or if the country issuing such document is not part of the “Hague Convention” such documents must be dully legalized.
  * For descendants or ascendants older that 21 years of age documents that prove that the citizen of the EU residing in Spain is their financial supporter.
  * Copy of the passport from the Spaniard or EU member residing in Spain.
  * “Empadronamiento” from the person residing in Spain.
  * “Applicants must submit originals and 1 copy of the above mentioned documents. If your documents are accepted to process the visa they will not be returned.

If approved this visa must be picked up in person within two months from the approval date notice. Failure to pick up your visa within two months will be considered as a refusal of the visa and your application will be filed.

This visa will be valid for all of the Schengen countries.
Once you pick up your visa, you must enter Spain within the period the visa is valid for and your entry must be stamped on your passport or travel document, after that you must appear in person to apply for your residency card within one month.
The holder of this type of visa has the same working privileges as any citizen of Spain or EU member.

get more info in the ff link

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/Moscu/es/MenuPpal/ServiciosConsularesMoscu/Paginas/canaldinamico2.aspx

Posted: 29 October 2010 02:27 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-10-28

Thank you very much!

Posted: 29 October 2010 02:54 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-10-28

One more question.. If i will be have residence card in the Belgium, i can go in the Spain and get tarjeta residencia at the extranjeria without residence visa?

Posted: 29 October 2010 11:22 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30
positive - 29 October 2010 02:54 AM

One more question.. If i will be have residence card in the Belgium, i can go in the Spain and get tarjeta residencia at the extranjeria without residence visa?

if you have a residence card in belgium, you do not need a ves to enter spain. you just apply for the eu family member residence card when you have registered your domicile in the local junta municipal.

Posted: 12 November 2010 06:34 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-12

i am Malaysian married with Spanish citizen according to civil marriage law of Malaysia.
what are the procedure to legallise our marriage in Spain.
please advise.

Posted: 29 November 2010 05:48 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

To the chap from malasia, you should contact the Spanish embassy in your country, together with your wife and all documents, they will then register your marriage.