Working in Spain with a Spanish passport
Posted: 29 October 2010 03:07 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-29

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in Barcelona, im originaly from holland but both my parents are Spanish and I have both a Spanish passport and a Dutch one.
I applied for a Job at a hotel as a receptionist and they accepted, however now that the contract needs to be signed they tell me i don’t have DNI number nor a NIE and need to get it before i can start.
yesterday i tried to get the DNI but they asked for my Dutch birt certificate which is a lot of trouble apperently to get from Holland to Spain quick. I now do not knwo what to do because i keep waiting everywhere for hours just to hear another bureaucratic answer that prevents me from getting the DNI or NIE and get to work.Can someone please help me?
Thanks in advance !

Kind regards,

stefanie

Posted: 29 October 2010 11:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

Stefanie,
if you have a spanish passport, then you are registered as a spaniard in a spanish consulate in the netherlands.
so you have a spanish birth certificate both in that consulate and in the registro central de madrid.
you can get a complete copy (literal) online and you get it in two weeks.
once you have that you can have a dni in 30 minutes.
how did you get your spanish passport issued to you?
your dni number is also in your passport. it is the one called personal id on the identity page.

Posted: 30 October 2010 02:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

Look no further than the reply given by Artiz, just follow the instructions.