Investors and Self-employment Visa for Spain
Posted: 24 January 2011 11:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-24

Hola, buenos d?as!
Hey everyone, I hope any of you who have gone through this process can help us with this information. My husband and I own a online business to teach Spanish, we’d like to move to Spain to get a good grasp of the lifestyle in a Spanish speaking country. I work full time on our online business and my husband has a job as web developer working for a company in the US remotely, meaning that as log as we have an internet connection we can work from anywhere in the world! We’re gathering the requirements for the Investors and Self-employment Visa for Spain but still have a few questions before we summit any documentation. Here are the main questions we have regarding this process:

1. How long does this process normally take before they issue the visa?
2. What type of documentation do you send that shows that we’re financially sound? will bank statements be enough?
3. There’s a form called EX01 we need to fill out but the link is broken, do you know if there’s a place where we can retrieve such form other than that link?
4. There’s a note after the requirements that says: “Applicants must submit originals and copies of the above mentioned documents. If your documents are accepted to process the visa they will not be returned”. If we summit all of our original, will they really keep documents such as passports and green cards??

I’ve called the consulate a number of times and have not been able to communicate with them to get such information. That’s why we hope someone in this forum can help us out answering these questions and/ or sharing information about this process. Thank you so much!

Cinthia

Posted: 25 January 2011 12:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Sorry I cannot comment on any of your questions other than that regarding downloading copies of EX01. here is the link…

http://www.extranjerossinpapeles.com/index.htm (for general information)

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_01.pdf lLink to pdf copy of EX01.

Maybe someone else can provide some more info…?

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 10 February 2011 09:32 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-10

I’m in the same boat. I’m planning to be part of a Spanish Govt. project lasting a year possibly two and my partner (not legally married cause we can’t…) must go with me just as any wife or husband would go with their spouse in a conventional marriage. Spain recognizes these types of unions and I’m hoping that they will grant the same types of visas for my partner as they do for me.

He’s self employed as well. He’s a massage therapist. He is excellent and wants to use this time I’m in Spain to further his knowledge of the body and to further his artistry in bodywork.

I’m just so not sure how to go about tackling this mammoth of a project alone.
Can anyone help us North Americans looking to get out?!