Moving from Jersey to Spain (working in Gib)
Posted: 15 June 2007 09:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-06-15

I am hoping to start work for a major bank in Gibraltar and aim/want to live in Spain (hoepfully on a permanant basis). Presntly the tax i pay in Jersey equates to 15% per annum (sounds good but the avergae cost of a 3 bed house is ?450,000 and the cost of living in general is higher than Spain or indeed London!).

I am trying to get a handle on house availability (to buy) relatively close to the Gib/Spanish border - any ideas re good web sites etc.? I understand that the tax regime in Spain is more hostile than that of Jersey but I would like to think the cost of living and lower (?) house prices will more than offset this.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Posted: 24 June 2007 05:07 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-06-22

If you are working in Gibraltar, you will be paying tax in Gibraltar. I am currently paying around 40% tax. You get tax breaks in Gibraltar if you buy property, although property prices are extortionate.

Posted: 25 July 2007 04:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-07-24

Hi Simon, I am also from New Jersey and being taxed to death here. Just curious how did you find work in Gibraltor? Is it an American bank? are you being transferred or just going on your own? I would love to know how? Thanks Jeanne