Applying for Student Visa
Posted: 09 March 2011 10:58 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-09-01

Hello,

I’ll be moving to Spain next year to go to a university there and I was reading over all the documents I’ll have to provide for the student visa (180 days and up). I saw that I have to show them that I paid my tuition in full for duration of the program, I have no problem with that, but I’m going to be there for three-four years; how am I suppose to show that I payed off years worth of college?

Posted: 09 March 2011 12:41 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Apply for your visa one year at a time, no?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 March 2011 01:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-01

Why apply one year at a time in America when on my first month in Spain I can sign up for a the student card and just renew that every year? I’m wondering if there is something different for the students who will be living in Spain for a long time rather than studying for only 90-180 days.

Posted: 09 March 2011 01:12 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30
WalkingBlind - 09 March 2011 01:05 PM

Why apply one year at a time in America when on my first month in Spain I can sign up for a the student card and just renew that every year? I’m wondering if there is something different for the students who will be living in Spain for a long time rather than studying for only 90-180 days.

you must apply for the student card when you arrive in spain before the visa expires. once you have the card, you renew it yearly weeks before it expires.

Posted: 10 March 2011 12:40 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-01

...You just repeated what I said…

I really don’t know how to be more clear on my question above, never mind thanks for trying.

Posted: 10 March 2011 01:55 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30
WalkingBlind - 10 March 2011 12:40 AM

...You just repeated what I said…

I really don’t know how to be more clear on my question above, never mind thanks for trying.

when you renew the card you are required to submit requirements.
some these are the ff

that you have passed most of your exams. of course, there is a convocatoria extraordinaria in september for subjects you failed in june, so normally your student card is up to september.

that you receive regularly the required amount of money from abroad for your stay in spain.

the “preinsciption” that proves you are going on studying the follwoing school year.

that you have renewed your medical insurance.
etc.

Posted: 10 March 2011 04:43 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-01

This isn’t what I asked, but thanks anyways. I wasn’t looking for information about obtaining a student card once in Spain I already know that. It’s alright I appreciate you trying.

Posted: 10 March 2011 12:46 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30
WalkingBlind - 09 March 2011 10:58 AM

Hello,
how am I suppose to show that I payed off years worth of college?

depending on how you paid, whether for the whole course or yearly or semestrally, this is always reflected on the registration form (la matr?cula)

Posted: 10 March 2011 08:37 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-01

Oh okay thank you very much.