Hello… any TEFL TEACHERS IN SEVILLE /GRANADA WHO CAN HELP ME??
Posted: 05 August 2011 02:49 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-08-05

Hi all,

Having taught English in Asia the previous year,  i desperately wish to relocate to either of the above parts of Spain. I have a first degree in History and also a Trinity CERT tesol. I have visited both cities and love them equally ,as a keen road cyclist this area is where i really want to live and work. Before i take the leap can anyone suggest some schools or publications listing Tefl jobs? Can anyone recommend one place over the other purely is terms of employment prospects and cost of living. I am under no illusions about the current economic situation , but i am prepared to give up my current relative luxury to teach in Spain and get back on my bike…

I would appreciate any pointers at all

best

M

Posted: 09 August 2011 02:18 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-05

does no one ever answer on these forums -POOR SHOW!!

Posted: 09 August 2011 11:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

What’s your nationality and immigration status for living in the EU?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 10 August 2011 01:01 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-05

uk national with full EU status

Posted: 10 August 2011 01:38 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Both are wonderful cities with lots to offer, but I think the momentum has to be with Granada right now. It’s closer to the playas, has avoided the worst of the recession and has received a lot of attention for its beauty and attractions lately.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 10 August 2011 01:44 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
mac67 - 09 August 2011 02:18 PM

does no one ever answer on these forums -POOR SHOW!!

Welcome to Spain , it holidays here and post would be slow over the last 2 weeks

but do try this website teflengland co uk and found this aswell free fone number 0800 988 8200 .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2007/mar/02/tefl

The strain in Spain

Teaching adults and children in Seville is stressful but rewarding, and the festivals are always a welcome diverson, finds Barry O’Leary from the guardian.co.uk Friday 2 March 2007

Posted: 10 August 2011 03:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-05

thanks both for answering my faith is restored 😊

thanks for links also..

Granada seems to nudge it ..

here’s hoping i can get my foot in the door

best

M

Posted: 10 August 2011 09:53 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

a mate of a mate up sticks from uk and move to north spain and is teaching kids from 5 pm - 8 pm mon - thr and most all day sat , he walked in to spanish bar and supermarket post up on the notice boards , been the summer he got a summer camps from 10 am - 1 pm and mon - thr aswell
sould think off that aswell
Jurdy

Posted: 25 August 2011 03:18 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-06-20

Hi there,

I can give you a couple of pointers about Seville. I taught English there for 3 years and I was given a lot of well paid work by “The Language company”, which is run by two girls Liz and Jo. You can email them at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). You should also check out ELI, by far the biggest TEFL school in Seville.

About accomodation. If you’re looking for a flat it so happens that I have a great flat 3 bedroom appartment in Seville which I urgently need to rent as it’s been virtually empty for the last 2 months (only one tenant paying for one room, who’s finally leaving in September).

I?m renting it long-term for 550 EUR/month. It has a swimming pool and air conditioning, it?s south-facing, has a great balcony with amazing views, and it?s 95 square metres in size. It?s right next to the metro and across the road from a bus stop. The housing estate is near the river and the area is quiet.
I?ve attached a few photos (bear in mind that the photos were taken on a rainy day in January and don?t do the place justice!).
You can also check it out on loquo.com:
http://sevilla.loquo.com/ps/vivienda/particular/piso-95m-con-piscina-muy-luminoso-a-100m-del-metro/508707

If you?re interested, give me a call on 0034 657873497 or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Good luck!

Jack

‹‹ Hello All      Rental flat in Coru?a, please? ››