Lost NIE residence card
Posted: 26 August 2011 05:43 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-07-27

Hi All,

My wife went on vacation in July and misplaced her NIE card. Does anyone know which form she needs to take to the police office?

Sorry, I?ve searched all the forums and on the internet but there are conflicting information and form links depending on the dates. The card we lost is the pink one with your picture and NIE number named “Permiso de Residencia”.

We live in Barcelona.

Regards,
Tuan

Posted: 26 August 2011 10:53 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

I ‘think’ it is the standard application form….
But I think you may know they no longer issue the small credit card type NIE/ID cards.
(Do you mean residency card?  The NIE Number was always just a piece of paper with your number on it)...

In the box that says (something like) - reason for application -
You may well find ‘to replace lost/stolen’ etc….

We have a very friendly English assistant in Fuengirola who works at reception and doles out the Modelos and will also tell you which bits to fill in. (Hope you find one your end too 😉

As far as I know, you will only ever get the green A4 piece of paper which is the new certificate of residency… Which has no photo, states very clearly it is not a guarantee of the bearers identity etc, etc… so you have to carry passport too!  (I have a notarised copy of mine and apparently this is leagal?)...

Good luck.

Posted: 02 September 2011 05:24 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-07-27

Hi Susan,

Yes it?s the residency card. The pink card with picture and nie number that is titled Permiso de Residencia.

Next week I cannot go but the week after we will go to the main police station in BCN with the EX14 form and see what happens.

Regards,
Tuan

Posted: 02 September 2011 09:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Tuan,
Good luck, and let us know what happens.
The pink card is no longer - When current ones expire, you will only get the green bit of paper (which is useless!)
I wonder if you said it was stolen (but be vague about how/where?) if you would get another pink one? 
(Although they may ask why you didn’t report it sooner - As you will have to fill in a denuncia/police report and submit that number with the application form.)  Don’t know if I said, but my friend DID have her pink card stolen (but this was 5 yrs ago around the time they were withdrawing the issuing of any new pink cards), and they came up with a new one in 2 days!