Important Mail Question
Posted: 30 September 2011 02:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-30

Hi,

I currently am studying abroad in barcelona and unfortunately my computer charger.

my lovely best friend at home is sending me the charger via usps express (sending from the states), which is estimated to arrive in 3-5 days.

what should he fill out on the customs form so i could avoid a big fee? should he check gift? or goods? etc.

the contents are worth about 30 dollars. does anybody have a guess how much i’ll be paying to retrieve the package?

(also hoping it doesn’t get lost or stolen)

also, when hes filling out the form, does he have to write it in spanish?

Posted: 30 September 2011 04:12 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

one for the post , , here you charger you left behind when you where home last week , think sould have bought one there but posted as you asked ,
take out of it rapper and sent in pad post , filling out the form, does he have to write it in spanish? no in english , it up ups express do the tax on it , send it as what it is goods

jurdy

Posted: 30 September 2011 04:14 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-30
jurdyr - 30 September 2011 04:12 AM

one for the post , , here you charger you left behind when you where home last week , think sould have bought one there but posted as you asked ,
take out of it rapper and sent in pad post , filling out the form, does he have to write it in spanish? no in english , it up ups express do the tax on it , send it as what it is goods

jurdy

thank you jurdy

hes probably going to put the value of the package at 30 USD. Do you have an idea on how much i’ll be paying for the customs fee? and spanish post is usually safe right?

Posted: 30 September 2011 04:18 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ups have tracking so you know where it is , need the tracking number ,  and sould have pay any think for getting ship in as you only studying and move back again to where your from
jurdy