Gay Marriage in Spain?
Posted: 16 October 2011 12:33 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-16

I currently live and work in the US. My job has a satellite office in Spain. There may be a chance my position could transfer to Spain in the next year or two. My partner and I are gay, and are legally married in the state of Massachusetts. My partner, however, is not a legal resident of the US (nor EU), and is out of status.

Does anyone know if we are able to immigrate to Spain, given my partners’ lack of status, and no federal recognition of gay marriage in the US?

Posted: 16 October 2011 01:07 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

I currently live and work in the US. My job has a satellite office in Spain. There may be a chance my position could transfer to Spain in the next year or two. My partner and I are gay, and are legally married in the state of Massachusetts. My partner, however, is not a legal resident of the US (nor EU), and is out of status.

what are your passports/citizenships?

Does anyone know if we are able to immigrate to Spain, given my partners’ lack of status, and no federal recognition of gay marriage in the US?

if you are relocated here by your company, you will have legal residency and once you have your residence card, you can petition for family reunification with your husband after fulfilling further requirements.