Obtaining Spanish Birth Certificate from Torrejon de Ardoz
Posted: 21 September 2011 07:01 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-21

I was born in Torrejon de Ardoz in 1958 when my father was in the US military. We lived there for 6 years.  I need to obtain the international form of my Spanish birth certificate.  I contacted a lawyer in Spain who was going to help me get it from Torrejon but she said that that particular town office was the worst she had ever seen, people had to wait in line from 4 a.m. She gave up on it.  Does anyone have any experience with Torrejon di Ardoz?  Is there a way I can obtain my birth certificate by writing to the town offices or by going on-line?  I have the original but evidently that one is too old and I need an international form.  I am a resident of the US. Any suggestions?

Posted: 05 October 2011 04:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

you have to go the nearest spanish consulate if you live outside spain. i suppose you can get it online and it would be sent to your lawyers spanish address if you give that address.

Posted: 05 October 2011 07:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-21

Thank you.  The lawyer was finally able to get the birth certificate but it came back without the names of my parents on it….what is the use of a birth certificate without the names of the parents?!?
I may have to try the Consulate.
Thank you for your time!

Posted: 22 October 2011 07:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

Thank you.  The lawyer was finally able to get the birth certificate but it came back without the names of my parents on it….what is the use of a birth certificate without the names of the parents?!?

i was kind of surprised that the birth certificate did not have the names of your parents, but with your name in it. who gave you your name then? was the lawyer kidding? but on the second thought, and sorry for suggesting it, could it be that you were adopted?
anyway if there are no parents in your birth certificate, i would assume you are automatically a spanish citizen as a child born in spain with no known parents. correct me if i am wrong and i apologize in advance if my suggestion upsets you. please take it as a clinical report.

Posted: 22 October 2011 07:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

try the US military bace there for records aswell are get in touch with oversea US military

jurdy