help needed please!! Facturas? How do I go about making one?
Posted: 28 October 2011 05:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-08-30

Hi

I am an English teacher in Tarragona. I work freelance and in an Academy. One student needs a ‘FACTURA’ as his business pays the class. How do I go about obtaining one? any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Posted: 28 October 2011 05:16 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Andrew:

If you are registered for VAT (IVA) then you would possibly have your own billheads?  If you teach the student at an Academy then the Academy should make out the invoice.

Otherwise you could have a rubber stamp made with your name, credentials etc. , then make out an invoice on a computer, print out and place your stamp on it.

Patricia

Posted: 28 October 2011 08:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-30

Hi Patricia

Thanks for this. My private work, I normally just do cash in hand. This is private and separate from the school. So I need to make an official factura as his business pays.

Posted: 28 October 2011 10:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Andy:

If they your student requires an official invoice, then you may have to provide one.  Perhaps you need to register for VAT.  It might be best to consult a “gestor?a”.

Patricia

Posted: 29 October 2011 06:37 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

I am an English teacher in Tarragona. I work freelance and in an Academy. One student needs a ‘FACTURA’ as his business pays the class. How do I go about obtaining one? any help is much appreciated.

when companies need a factura to justify their expenses, these facturas must be official.
how do you make one? you must go to Hacienda office near your domicile and register as autonomo teacher of languages.
they will inform you further. once registered you can always get a certificate that you are registered as one to show that you are issuing a valid factura.
you will need an nie for starters. if you are registered as an eu citizen resident in spain you should have one.
the factura includes your name, nie number, date address, the clients name and address and the price of the services rendered.
for example you charge 20 euros/hour and you have worked 10 hours, then the total amount less 15% for irpf is the final amount you will received from client. What happens to the 15% irpf? the company pays that to hacienda and you can get that back when you make your tax declaration next year. you can get that depending on how much is your deductible, so if you ask oficial facturas for your purchases(books, school supplies, etc) then you can include the total amount of your purchases with facturas in the deductibles until it reaches the total amount of all the 15% irpf that you was not paid to you.

Posted: 30 October 2011 03:29 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-30

I appreciate all this so much. Thanks very much people.

Posted: 30 October 2011 03:49 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

A quick way is to make out an invoice using your NIE number, together with the address shown on your NIE certificate. Mark it as an IVA incluido. If it is only this once I’m sure nothing will come of it.