Same Sex Marriages in Spain.  Urgent to read this if you are intending a full marriage…
Posted: 18 November 2011 01:48 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Please read my post on this thread below…

CIVIL UNIONS - SORRY CANNOT POST LINK AS IT KEEPS REJECTING - as a SPAM message? Search here for last entry on this subject.

Summary - Should the Partido Popular - CONSERVATIVES - be voted in at the general election on Sunday - they want to push ahead to repeal the law on same sex marriages. - Which basically will take away the right to 100% equal rights for married couples.  (They will have to settle for a civil union, which in the above thread expalins is not equal at all.)

DON’T VOTE CONSERVATIVE! (Even if their financial polices are better?  I really don’t want a party in power that hates same sex couples !)

Posted: 18 November 2011 05:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Just don’t vote for these buggers anyway.

PP have yet to show that any of their policies are any better than those of the opposition. The country will go exactly the same way as the UK has done under Call me Dave Cameron. To horribly misquote a song ‘The only way is…DOWN’

My honest opinion is that Rajoy is just dancing on the puppet string controlled by former PM Jose-Maria Aznar. Spain cannot afford to return to the bad old fascist days of Aznar’s government.

Not that Brits can vote in the Spanish National Elections anyway…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 18 November 2011 08:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Oh FB. Even if we are resident we can’t vote? (Only in local elections, and if on Empadronmento?)

Not that I would vote really (unless I really thought it would stop this nonsense.)

You are probably right re Royjay too..
No one wants ultra right -anywhere, anytime 😊

Posted: 18 November 2011 08:18 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Oh FB. Even if we are resident we can?t vote? (Only in local elections, and if on Empadronmento?)

Pretty sure of that… If one has taken Spanish citizenship (for which needs one five years of residencia and a whole load of red-tape clearance) then yes you can vote in the Nationals, otherwise its just local and regional. (Maybe someone could correct me if I’m wrong.)

Despite the problems of the last two years which have forced the PSOE into making some very unpopular decisions, overall they haven’t done so badly; it’s these unpopular decisions that will be their undoing on Sunday.

j.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773