NIE in 24hrs?
Posted: 01 December 2011 11:11 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Further to my post about applying for one in UK….

I found on this site (hidden away in the classified/business section) a company based in Benidorm who promise to get an NIE in 24hrs!
Has anyone heard of this/done this???

It does say you have to get Power of Attourney first (I have just had a quote for Eu160 to do this via our usual source).
Presumably they sign everything for the person and all is put into action from thereon in.

We are trying to help our daughter who has limited time, but wants to go ahead on a property purcahse.

I know 10 days to wait (the usual time it takes to produce the actual certificate once the application has been accepted here), doesn’t seem long, but for her she needs to get back to the Uk. (She did think of making two trips, but at Christmas time this will be prohibitively expensive as well as lots of upheaval in her homelife.)

Just trying to think of solutions to a not too difficult issue!  (Sure there have been others in the same situation.)

Thanks for our input.

PS we are based near Fuengirola, so if there are any legal co’s out there who can do the 24hr NIE, then please do PM me!

Posted: 01 December 2011 11:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hiya… I’m pretty sure that if your daughter makes the initial application in person, you could pick up the cert when it is available… you might need a copy of her passport though.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 02 December 2011 07:09 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

HI FB/all…
The main reason for wanting to speed things up is daughter is hoping to buy a property here, but has little holiday time left.
We have been told it takes 10 days for the cert to be ready after applying.
She needs this before she can go to the Notary to do Power of Attourney etc.

This is too long sadly.

I am just looking into London based Spanish Notaries!

I am sure we will come up with some answers, but as usual, here is a wealth of knowledge 😊

Posted: 02 December 2011 04:04 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Have found severla notaires via the UK Notaries association… some who are qualified to do Spanish docs/hold a Spanish qualification.
How about that for service! 😉
Will let you know how it goes…..

ps - I knew such a thing existed of Spanish lawyers in London, but thought they might be a tad expensive.  If this route works out we will all be happy! (The notary is quoting 90GBP to notarise a Power of Attorney, It still needs registering with the FOC whatever that is, but that is just 45GBP, so it is all looking affordable!.. and saves daughter having to travel at most expensive time of year 😉

Posted: 07 December 2011 07:00 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Daughter is booked to come over soon. Went to Feungirola National Police, got the forms and have been told cert will be ready in just 5 days!  😊

Posted: 25 February 2012 11:57 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

See other post - all done and dusted in just 4 days!  Very impressed!!!

Apparently the 24hr service advertised by some companies on the web is no longer valid.  You must go in person.

Posted: 22 June 2012 08:18 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-22

My wife and I went to the Murcia region to purchase property. We were referred to Francisco Vidal, http://www.mytranslator.es/. As he resides in San Pedro del Pinatar, where we were staying, he came to our apartment and started the paperwork and made arrangements for the next morning in Cartegenia, offering to drive us. He was quick to interceed on our behalf during the questioning from officials to avoid an unnecessary delay. Within hours of starting our day, we had our NIE numbers assured. He was very professional and friendly. He communicated with our real estate agent to ensure good communications and simutaniously e-mailed our NIE number to him as well us ourselves upon our return to Canada. He is independant and was ready to offer advise with regards to our purchase. I am very comfortable to recommend you to check out his web site and make contact.

Lee and Marie-Therese Lussier