PARKING TICKET IN PUERTO BANUS
Posted: 06 December 2011 04:27 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Sadly OH forgot to get a parking ticket in the street in Puerto Banus today. (They parked on the strip that runs down to the sea alongside the Crystamar centre.)  I feel partly responsible as they were doing me a favour there! OH also forgot to read the back of the ticket that says if you go to the machine within 30 mins of getting the ticket, you can pay just Eu 3 and cancel the fine. But they were in such a rush they didn’t read that till they got home. (Too late and too far as we live in Mijas!)

Just asking if anyone knows what happens next/if we can contest the ticket.

I know that in Fuengirola (and hoping it applies to other towns along the coast 😉 that infact the local by-laws of charging for parking in the town centres is infact illegal!  So.. if you forget to pay and they demand a fine.. you can contest it (my friend gets a standard letter from his lawyer and takes it to the town hall. They usually expunge the ticket on the spot.)

What happens if I do not do any of the above?  Our car is registered in my name.  (We are about to move address soon, but I know that will not make the ticket go away!)

Eu 50 seems a bit steep for a 10 min dash to the shops nearby! 

Any info would be welcome.
Thanks.

Posted: 06 December 2011 04:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

ps - The ticket seems to contradict itself - on the reverse it metnions about cancelling it if you are within 30 mins of the over run of time, yet on the front it is printed ‘No Anualable’ - guessing this means Not able to cancel?? 

Any ideas?

Posted: 11 December 2011 08:49 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

As we live in Mijas, we contacted our friendly foreigners dept for advice.. They put me onto their counterpart in Marbella Town Hall, who politely expalined we have to go to the following to settle our fine…

http://www.prpmalaga.es/web/. It is translated to English.

Patronato de Recaudaci?n de la Diputaci?n Marbella
Organismos Oficiales  

Avda. del Mar, 5. Edf. Marino
29601 Marbella
M?laga
Espa?a

952 76 41 34

On the website it mentions being able to pay on-line, but we cannot get the denunica ticket number to work.. So will have to call them for assistance Monday morning, otherwise it will be a visit to Marbella before the 20 days is up! (You get a discount apparently if you settle promptly.)

Posted: 25 February 2012 11:52 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

To conclude this one. OH went to the office in Marbella that had issued the ticket.  Got 50% discount for offering to pay within 30 days. Went to bank with form, paid and dusted.

Still sighing though that they are hot on parking matters etc!

‹‹ NIE in 24hrs?      NIE / Passport for baby ››