help nie madrid
Posted: 30 January 2012 09:33 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-30

hello sorry about about the english but it is not my first languague.

I live in madrid and I have a cita to get my Nie the 3rd of february (in 6 days). 

i lost all the information on what kind of documentation i need and where to go. I tried to call the telephone number which i used 4 months ago to get an appointment (902 565701) but is not working anymore. Apparently they took it out as there were to many enquires and could cope it anymore.

I contacted the various extranjieros offices around madrid but they all know nothing ( i cant understand why is that) and tell me to go to website which i don t understand.

I m desperate as it had been so hard to get an appointement ( which i dnt know where it is) and if I do not bring all the right documentation they will probably reschedule me in 6 months time.

rom reading various posts here i understand that i need the certificate of empadronamiento ( which i have), EX 14and/or Ex 15, 3 photos, my passport, and e790. i also rember that i have to pay some money but cannot rember how much and where

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance
Pietro

Posted: 30 January 2012 10:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-03-16

Hi Pietro,

I don’t know if I can help in any way, but I will try. I saw your post and thought I’d tell you what I know. There is a post by Dreamer on getting your DNI. I can send you the link if you’d like. I think you have to pay 10 euros to the police at the comesario to get your DNI but I’m unsure if this amount has changed. I wish you good luck with getting your DNI. I will have to do this soon enough. Have a great day.

Allison

Posted: 02 February 2012 02:59 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2011-07-28

Hello,
Have a look at expatica, they have a good run-through the documents. Where you don?t have certain documents available like the forms, see the website http://www.mir.es and follow the instructions as per expatica:

http://www.expatica.com/es/essentials_moving_to/essentials/Three-steps-to-a-NIE-in-Madrid_17235.html

Make sure you photocopy your passport (all pages front and back) and bring the copies with you. Photocopy the form as well. Don?t worry if you don?t have the photocopies during the day of the appointment, they?ll let you photocopy and come back (happened to me).

If you have any further problems with this for any reason, I recommend that you call your embassy in Madrid and ask them. They should be well used to dealing with these matters here.

Edit: I?m actually not sure if I photocopied all the pages in my passport now, I had to do it for my marriage though.. but probably a good idea to have this prepared.

Good Luck!