transferring to spain or applying for citizenship..
Posted: 08 February 2012 08:34 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-06

hi…i want to go to spain,but i’m here at canada working as a contract worker for 1 yr…after i finish my contract i want to transfer to spain because my parents are there…i was born in spain,but no chance to go back… my father is already a spanish citizen,but mother is waiting for her paper to come…it what way or chances i can go to spain…please help me….in what easiest way i can go to spain…tnx…

Posted: 11 February 2012 08:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

hi felixcresencio,
How old are you?
what is your citizenship?
how old were you when your father becaame a spanish citizen?
how long did you live in spain? did you have a residence permit?do you speak spanish?
why did you stay in spain till you became a spanish citizenship?

Posted: 13 February 2012 09:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06

hello..thank you for reading my post…i’m 25 yrs. old..my citizenship is filipino..23 or 24 yrs. old..i did not live in spain.i dont have a residence permit..i do not speak spanish…i did not stay in spain,i have no chance to go back there..when i was 2 yrs. old my mother brought me in the philippines…thank you very much for answering my question…

Posted: 18 February 2012 04:15 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

hi felixcresencio,
since your parents are in spain and spanish citizens and you were born in spain,  they can find an employer for you to hire you directly. they have to look for a lawyer for you so they do not make any mistakes in the paper work. however you may have to return to the philippines and wait for the appoval of your residence permit since it the approval may be given after your contract in canada has expired.
so i suggest you go back to the philippines and study spanish since it is still difficult to find a job here and wait till your parents can find an employer, which is hard since you do not speak spanish, first of all. who is going to hire you if they cannot communiate with you.
what i do not understand is you had all the chance to go back to spain before you turned 18. why didnt you take advantage of that situation?

Posted: 19 February 2012 10:03 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06

BECAUSE SIR I,M PURSUING MY NURSING DEGREE AT THAT TIME…THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION…THANK YOU,THANK YOU..