Hello to evryone - I’m looking for tips on a long term rental
Posted: 10 July 2011 11:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-10

Hello to you all.

My name is Paul, I am currently living in Derbyshire, UK.

My dream is to be able to continue running my business (online, web & graphic design) from Spain.

Rather than jump in I’d like to try before I buy, and rent somewhere for 6 months.

Ive done some searching online and come accross a few long term rental sites, the rental prices seem very reasonable, what other costs are involved for utilities taxes etc

Im also open to suggestions on a location, warm all year round, max 20 min drive to beach with good amenities and an expat community would tick all the boxes. One other essential on the location would be a good broadband signal.

I’m single, so a 1 or 2 bedroom property would do fine.

All advice very much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Posted: 11 July 2011 01:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

what part of spain are you looking at ?

Posted: 11 July 2011 01:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-10

I was thinking the costas, perhaps costa del sol for the year round climate.

Thanks

Paul

Posted: 19 July 2011 04:26 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-07-14

Hello Paul,

If you are looking for near Gibraltar/costa del sol near Sotogrande, let me know by private mail, I know property to rent in this area,

Thank you,

Posted: 19 July 2011 07:01 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

GIBLINEA if have Propertys to let please post them here , Jurdy
and could pm me please
do you have a website aswell ?

Jurdy

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:57 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-03-15

Hello,
i have commercial property and i am thinking to give it on lease for 10 years, can it make any problem in future?

Posted: 20 March 2012 04:49 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-03-12

Hi Paul,

As for the rentals and areas. That is pretty much down to preference where you want to go. Costa del Sol is good for the weather but is a bit more expensive to live than say the Costa Blanca where you get equally good weather.

As for renting, when renting a property ensure it’s through a reputable company although some private rentals can be ok, but make sure it is a legal contract, to make it legal here in Spain it must be written in Spanish, most reputal companies run by expats will have the contracts in english and in spanish. Usually here too the property is rented fully furnished and the extras you are only legally bound to pay for the property is utilities such as electric, gas, water etc. If anyone tries to get you to pay for the property SUMA (tax) or Community Fees then don’t do so because that is the responsility of the property owner as is the Community Fees. Contracts are usually only up to 11 months because of the rental laws over here and should contain a notice period either way. properties are advertised on here but the website that seems to have an extensive range of properties is thinkspain.com which is where i looked and found somewhere.

It sounds like you’ll need an internet connection that is fast and reliable for your business, the BT equivalent here is telefonica which i have 8meg broadband and not had any problems with it at all.

Happy hunting!!