Thinking of Investing near Malaga Airport
Posted: 04 April 2012 02:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-04

Hello

We are expats living in Portugal and earn an income letting a couple of properties for holidays. We haven’t got a huge amount to invest but are thinking of taking advantage of the slump to buy a small (1 or 2 bed) apartment on the Costa del Sol. From experience we think somewhere within a 15km radius of the airport would be ideal, close to the beach and with a pool. We probably prefer to manage it privately rather than using a formal management company - we do our own marketing so just really need someone trustworthy and sensible at that end to provide meet & greet/keyholding/cleaning service.
I wonder if anyone can recommend a good and genuine English-speaking estate agent in the area (or keen amateur who knows the area well and who is interested in a finder’s fee!), a good solicitor and/or someone who might be willing to act as our liaison person.

Thanks 😊

Yvonne

Posted: 05 April 2012 07:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

have PM’d you

Posted: 06 April 2012 11:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Good luck.  Just choose your local management person/s very carefully! (As I am sure you will.) 😊 Many Ex Pats offer ‘keyholding/property management’ but many come and go!  Check out the facebook pages for that area (I know there are FB pages for inland nearby, but not sure about Torre etc.) 😊

Posted: 06 April 2012 11:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

PS - likewise with ‘legal’ people!  (We have had bad experiences etc. So if you can, go on some recommendations? Sorry, I only know a lawyer in Coin - inland, but she may be interested to work with you?)  Have PM’d you re an estate agent we have used/were happy with results.

Posted: 08 April 2012 06:22 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-04

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help. Will check out the Facebook pages, it’s something I would never have thought to do, a really good tip!